, Moderator Emeritus
3,158 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NeoChaser said:
no way.... :thread:
lol 50mph diff i think there has to be a typo somewhere.
:bill:

:buttkick: 6MT... lol Sorry Bud...5AT has higher Gearing.... We can also go 60mph in Reverse :king:

·
By Appointment Only
172 Posts
Damn, not just faster, but much, much faster!! I did not know, now I will be sure to brag to every other 6MT driver I come across, thanks Memphis.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
:D

5AT :woot:

:D

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,092 Posts
5AT represent :woot:....haha...

·
Slickness...
971 Posts
Boy, you AT'ers often need a lot of validation :D

Face it, you all wish you had a 6MT :slap: :buttkick: :nutkick:

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
linky no worky :(

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
robert_tsxgeek said:
linky no worky :(
Vtec.nets down right now...check again later I guess

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
127 Posts
Are these figures correct? It states the AT can go 46mph on 1st gear and 80 on second? These figures a very BMW-esque, we sure are in good company.

·
Slickness...
971 Posts
farkingicehole said:
Are these figures correct? It states the AT can go 46mph on 1st gear and 80 on second? These figures a very BMW-esque, we sure are in good company.
No, your not really in good company.

I think Noel needs to explain gear ratio's to everyone. :tardsmash

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol...Yeah these #'s are kinda theoretical...Think I bounce off the limiter at 70ish in 2nd... I know I can hit 105ish in 3rd it says 112...so its +/- lets just say 8mph or so...

Now Give me Hondata, The Comptech Supercharger and some strait pipes...and ill see if I can get that 214mph run for ya lol (maybe 160ish? that would be nice)

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
The speed difference if accurate would be dictated by gear ratio/final drives. The 5AT has generally taller/longer gears so you can get to a higher speed but requires more time in doing so. While the 6MT has lower/shorter gears so you can get to a similar speed with less time. Power delivery wise, performance and top speed. Unfortunately to say, 6MT still owns the 5AT regardless of gearing ratios/final drives.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Pardon me, what is so retarded about it? I can understand if people don't know everything, but I can't understand if people think that's pointless. After all, if you don't ask ... How would you know?

·
Sleeperus-Maximus
164 Posts
because these figures are pointless. These numbers are given with no rolling or wind resistance factored in, and also only if weight or power arent a factor. e.g. its fantasy and is meaningless anywhere but in a piece of paper.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Even if I took all the figures out, it still wouldn't be retarded. What he's basically comparing is how different gear ratios and transmissions arrive at a certain speed. Your "variables" are ideally realistic but definitely not necessary especially when you're not finecombing a detailed difference. At the end of the day, it is still a genuine question or thread without a doubt.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Figured since I accedently started the 5AT vs 6MT debate again, might as well bump this for a laugh... Lets not take these #'s So Serious this time okay guys?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts