Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my car used so I didnt get the code in the glove box. My car died the other day and when I jumped it, it asked for the code. I ended up just pulling the navi out the next day and got the serial number off the back. I called the dealer to give them the number and they gave me a 5 digit code. The navi will only take 4 digits though, is there another serial number? I have read that the navi takes 4 and cd player takes 5?

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
yes they gave you the wrong one.

for future, no need to pull out to get the serial number. Dealer can check by VIN or theres a way of holding a few buttons in sequence to get the serial on the screen AFAIK.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes they gave you the wrong one.

for future, no need to pull out to get the serial number. Dealer can check by VIN or theres a way of holding a few buttons in sequence to get the serial on the screen AFAIK.
He said thats the only one they have in the system and it should be a 5 digit number instead of 4. I told him it has Navi and that Ive read the Navi is a 4 digit number. I know, the dealer was closed yesterday and since I was off, I just decided to pull it. I have done it before so it wasnt that bad. ha

Should I just try doing the number sequence to see if it pulls up a different serial number?

·
GO BLUE!
884 Posts
You will need 2 sets of numbers; one for Navi, one for the radio... Is that the Dealer you bought the car from?? If not, you might want to try tracking down the original dealer and they will for sure provide you the number since they should have them in record.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts