Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I couldn't find anyhting about this anywhere else on the site, So I thought I would add some info on this navi system that some of us enjoy so much. If you hold down the map menu and cancel buttons for about 5 seconds you get into the service screen. There you can do all sorts of damage including load data to or from the pc card slot change your tire tuning, and basically check your entire electrical system, adjust your touch sceen colors and calibration, check your mic level, and even see how many sats your gps is picking up.
I read in a thread somewhere that someone was having problems getting the navigation system and the heads up display to read the same time....there is an option in the service menu to send or correct the time to the H/U display.
Has anybody made any progress on what that pc card slot can be used for? According to this menu it definitely looks like it could be used as data storage, but I was thinking maybe a blue tooth card or a cell phone internet connection might be possible. The RL has live traffic reports somehow integrated into their NAv and the TL has bluetooth, might it be as simple as a laptop type card?

Anyway just some thoughts

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
thanks will check it out

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
I don't know anything about anything like this, but I can tell that's a GREAT FIND! Indeed we haven't had anything like this here, or if we have, it sure hasn't been for a long time.

Great get, Seth!

P.S. I might even try something. :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Uh be very very careful here. I am pretty sure that there are things in these menues that can seriously mess up your system. I haven't played enough to know what all of it does. For instance I have no idea what B-Can and F-Can stand for and I have no idea what the Yaw calibration is. I have found a place where it will check all of your main switches and let you know if they are ok and responding correctly. I have taken to writing down all of the settings before tweaking so that I can get back to factory settings withouta trip to the dealership

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I meant tire calibration. I really haven't played with it but I am guessing that if you change the size of your rims or tire specs, this would be the place to set it so your odometer and spedometer were correct.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,514 Posts
seth995 said:
I meant tire calibration. I really haven't played with it but I am guessing that if you change the size of your rims or tire specs, this would be the place to set it so your odometer and spedometer were correct.
Hmmm....if this is true, I'm going to punch in that's I'm running 195/45/15's; the car would then compensate and add 20% to my speedometer. When I do a 0-60 run I'll only need to achieve 48 mph for the speedo to read 60; and my friends will be really impressed :D.

Don't laugh, I may actually do this. In my S2K, you could switch the speedo from mph to kph on the fly at the touch of a button; I had several friends who were amazed at how fast that car was to 100mph (really only 62 :D)

But most of the time, I'm gonna punch in that I've got 255/60/20s, that's 20% in the other direction. My car will seem ridiculously slow but for every 1000 miles I drive I'll only register 800 :D........

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GFunk said:
I must be missing something here -- I tried this on my '05 TSX and it didn't work.

Any thoughts...
On my navi I hold down the 3 buttons (map, menu, cancel ) together for about 5 secs and it goes into the diagnostic screen. I have no idea why it wouldn't work on yours...sorry I couldn't be more help

G

·
seth995 said:
...and I have no idea what the Yaw calibration is. ...
My 2005 Honda Nav manual says the Yaw Rate sensor is a sensitivity setting is for detecting when the vehicle makes a turn so the nav screen can be rotated.

BTW the 2005 Honda Nav is the same as on the 2005 TSX so the trick of holding Menu, Cancel, and Map buttons for 5 seconds works with my setup as well. I am mostly lurking here to find out more about my Nav than I have found over at the Accord forums (besides that we can add DVD video and TV to the screen as permitted by law).

(only had the car two days so exploring all possibilities).

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Paul_PDX said:
My 2005 Honda Nav manual says the Yaw Rate sensor is a sensitivity setting is for detecting when the vehicle makes a turn so the nav screen can be rotated.

BTW the 2005 Honda Nav is the same as on the 2005 TSX so the trick of holding Menu, Cancel, and Map buttons for 5 seconds works with my setup as well. I am mostly lurking here to find out more about my Nav than I have found over at the Accord forums (besides that we can add DVD video and TV to the screen as permitted by law).

(only had the car two days so exploring all possibilities).
Welcome!
And.....have you indeed found out more here?
And......anything else about the Nav?
(Not that I know anything, but somebody will!)

G

·
The diagnostic screens are great tools.
I particularly enjoy looking at the GPS satellite screen.

Cheers........

·
Registered
105 Posts
yeha i found this out severeal months ago, my friend thought it would be "cool" to play wit it, well wut do u kno he f****d up the tire calbaration i didnt kno wut the factory settings were and hadda go bak to the dealership(for an embarassing visit) my only suggestion is if you dont kno wut ur doing (like most people) DONT TOUCH

G

·
hi im new here looking to get a 05 tsx very soon ..i want navigation and dvd...is it good to get the after market piece ...the dealer says if u mess with it voids the warantee ..yada yada yada....was it my best bet?????

·
Registered
105 Posts
well if u want to play dvds u dont have much of a choice...i havent heard nor see any reason y it should or would mess anything up its just an adapter with video inputs and outputs and a reg dvd player or ps2 or laptop or wutver u would liek to hook up to it. Which adapter were u looking at because i know there is the AV Electronic one that has been used before retailed at aorund 575$ but i now see teh new Alpine (repectable name) adaptor that seems to do teh same job for 300$. Obviulsy you can tell i will be doing thsi mod maself complte with a dvd/mp3 player ps2 and 2 headrest tvs. You can PM me or reply her wit any info or quesitons!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts