Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's been asked, and I know it's been "answered", but I was wondering if anyone had some more detailed information about the mechanics of why it's near impossible to install OEM navi in a non-navi TSX. See, here's my problem. I have a non-navi TSX. A friend of mine strips cars down for racing and recently gave me a brand new stock navi system with everything except the wire harness for obvious reasons for free. I spoke with my parts guy at my dealership and he said it's definitely possible, it would just be a problem getting a dealer to do it. I'm more than capable of doing minor electrical work on my car, however, from my understanding, the wire harness for navi runs through the firewall, etc. (makes no sense, just what the dealer told me). Any information aside from, it doesn't make sense or it's too costly, would be greatly appreciated. I love my TSX and it drives me crazy to have this navi system that apparently I can't use. Thanks in advance, from what I've read thus far you guys definitely know your stuff, way more than me.

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
Did you get the dvd player that goes in the trunk, along with the navi dvd disc? IF you have all components, I think it is worth the install. I can't be sure, but I don't think anyone has actually ever done this. So you may be SOL for information. I would push your dealer to install it. The wiring is the toughest part, considering the TSX wiring is done all together.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,092 Posts
It has been done and is pretty well documented. I'll PM you with the info you need. Good luck with this mod. Itz a biggie... :D

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
Tsx536 said:
It has been done and is pretty well documented.
Can you post it here instead of PMing? I had no idea it was documented anywhere...perhaps we can sticky this thread afterwards.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pocketkiller, in answer to your question, yes he gave me absolutely everything. Even an extra amp. I have the anntenna, dvd-rom and dvd, complete dash unit, you name it I have it (except the wire harness).

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
pocketkiller said:
Can you post it here instead of PMing? I had no idea it was documented anywhere...perhaps we can sticky this thread afterwards.
some dude did it and posted his report over there. Oddly it never got Stickied.
I wouldn't call his post "documentation" the niti-gritty technical stuff is in the Service manuals (regular and wiring)

So xoMCHesh
you friend performed surgery on a TSX (his?) and pulled out the Nav ???
wow that's fecking extrem man.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah man, though I'd call it sheer stupidity. Between you and me I think he wasted a little $$$ getting the nav if he was just going to strip it down anyway. To top it off he AND his friend did it so I have 2 DVD Trunk units and 2 LCD monitors.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was thinking about doing the same thing. Can you please post how to do this. Also does anyone know where I can get a service manual from?

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,092 Posts
robert_tsxgeek said:
some dude did it and posted his report over there. Oddly it never got Stickied.
I wouldn't call his post "documentation" the niti-gritty technical stuff is in the Service manuals (regular and wiring)
I thought it was actually pretty good. He had a parts list with every part number and showed some pics. It's not the best documentation in the world, but it's better than nothing.

I agree you do need the Helms manual too. Anyone doing a project this big should definitely have it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
hey whats up??

well im the one who succesfully installed navi in nonnavi tsx

it was a mission but well worth it

in my thread i gave as much info as i could without rewritting the helms elctrical manual

if you got any questions pm me and i will be glad to help with anything

laters

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
:bowdown: ^^^^ the mad scientist is in the house ladiers and gentllemen !
:D

·
Registered
30 Posts
ty ty your far to kind :woowoo: :woowoo:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts