Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2005 TSX 6MT Nav
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to turn on the map if its off via voice command?

Does anybody know about adding different voices to the navi system? I know there's a male & female one, but is it possible to download new ones into the system?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Don't know about adding new voices, but about turning off the map via voice command, it's easy:

"Set-up"
"Display off"

I hardly ever use the voice commands, but this one is so easy that I do sometimes use it.

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
spyguy said:
Is there a way to turn on the map if its off via voice command?

Does anybody know about adding different voices to the navi system? I know there's a male & female one, but is it possible to download new ones into the system?
First of all, You must press the OK button to bring up the map - no way round that AFAIK.

After that - via voice - you can turn the display off ("set up" > " Display off")
or RETURN to the map ("map")

As for different voice - that takes some brainy hacking - I am sure someday some nerd will figure out a way to do it.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
in the setup, you have a choice of female voice or male voice... I think that is on screen 3

·
Registered
634 Posts
Speaking of voice commands - NPI, I swear - the onscreen help manual tells us we should be able to ask "What time is it?" and "How far to the destination?" and have the nave sytem tell us.

It doesn't.

Most times it ignores us, but once it turned the CD off and sometimes it does other random things. But it's never answered "12:18 PM" or even "3.2 miles"...

Any clue?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Duke said:
Speaking of voice commands - NPI, I swear - the onscreen help manual tells us we should be able to ask "What time is it?" and "How far to the destination?" and have the nave sytem tell us.

It doesn't.

Most times it ignores us, but once it turned the CD off and sometimes it does other random things. But it's never answered "12:18 PM" or even "3.2 miles"...

Any clue?
I use those 2 commands all the time and never had a problem.

eyedoc who hates to look up to see what time it is on the clock!!! :laugh:

·
Registered
634 Posts
How do you format your question? Normally I don't have trouble with voice commands, but these two wouldn't work no matter who in the car said them.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
I just ask the question what time is it..... in a manner as to ensure that the correct words are heard

1 - 9 of 9 Posts