Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
4,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'll be getting my 2005 TSX auto with Navi this saturday. I was wondering if I should put a screen protector on the navi screen or will it hamper the touch screen sensativity? If i don't put a protective screen, whats the best way to wipe oils and smudges made ont he screen?

thanks

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
i picked up a small packet of lens cleaner wipers (99 cents) at WalMart checkout counter - works just fine. I wont bother with the fancy protector thing.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
4,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I was going to pick up a box of that special wipe with solution on it made for LCD computer monitors, i hope that's ok.

I wonder what Acura recommends you use to clean it?

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
narci said:
Thanks guys, I was going to pick up a box of that special wipe with solution on it made for LCD computer monitors, i hope that's ok.

I wonder what Acura recommends you use to clean it?
I think I read somewhere - soft moist tissue/towel or something
- look our laptop screen is lot more sensitive than the navi screen so what ever LCD panel clear you get is totally fine for the nav screen.

·
2005 TSX 6MT Nav
692 Posts
i was going to put the screen protector on too, but if you think about it, the environment in the car isn't unpredictable, basically you dictate how clean the screen is cause your hands are the only ones touching it. just make sure your hands are clean when you touch the screen.

i use a brush to dust it off, and a moist clean towel to wipe it down every now and then.

·
3,913 Posts
I was afraid about the navi as well and didn't use the touch screen. I just bought a screen protector from http://www.expresscentre.com/car.htm and just installed it. It fits perfectly and looks great - I can't even tell it's there. If you make a mistake, you can pull it off and reapply, and it's very easy to make sure there's no bubbles. It doesn't seem to impede the touch sensitivity either. :thumbsup: Touch screen entry is so much easier than using the joystick.

If you're not keen on screen protectors, then I was using a Sunglass Hut lens cleaning kit, which includes a spray solution and microfibre towel - that worked great for me as well.

·
Registered
77 Posts
lokman said:
I was afraid about the navi as well and didn't use the touch screen. I just bought a screen protector from http://www.expresscentre.com/car.htm and just installed it. It fits perfectly and looks great - I can't even tell it's there. If you make a mistake, you can pull it off and reapply, and it's very easy to make sure there's no bubbles. It doesn't seem to impede the touch sensitivity either. :thumbsup: Touch screen entry is so much easier than using the joystick.

If you're not keen on screen protectors, then I was using a Sunglass Hut lens cleaning kit, which includes a spray solution and microfibre towel - that worked great for me as well.

GOOD STUFF MAN! GREAT FIND! I've been looking for something like this for a little while to protect the screen; just ordered one, good find.

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
880 Posts
got mine from ebay.. 8 bucks off ebay.. like the palm/pocket pc ones.. its paper thin and it's tsx cut..

here's the guys website..

http://www.lcdprotector.com/vehicle1.htm

if he still has ebay, it should be cheaper than store

·
, Moderator Emerita
17,179 Posts
I didn't realize there was a screen protector! haha I just use microfiber cloth to dust. It removes a lot of the smudges too! But it's good to know that there is a protector if I do choose to get one! Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

Btw, welcome to the boards K! :grinno:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
4,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OMG it is like one of my first posts.

Damn! hahaha

I use a micrfibre clothe as well and skipped the screen protector.

·
Girls Rock
213 Posts
YIKES! Ive used windex ONCE on my navi screen...someone from the forum suggested it and it worked fine.... oooops! :-( Newase, thanks for the suggestions guys! Ohhh man I didnt know there were screen protectors for the TSX -- GROOVY! :)

Speaking of the navi-I am trying my best to use the joystick but it beats the whole purpose of having a touch-screen so I cant really get my hands off of it hehe. I just won't let anyone with LONG FINGERNAILS touch my screen :p

·
, Moderator Emerita
17,179 Posts
ladyb07 said:
Speaking of the navi-I am trying my best to use the joystick but it beats the whole purpose of having a touch-screen so I cant really get my hands off of it hehe. I just won't let anyone with LONG FINGERNAILS touch my screen :p
That joystick, I use to play around with! haha I use it like I'm playing space invaders or something! I was once showing one of my friends how easy it would be to be a STALKER with that thing! You can point the "target" at a particular location and it shows you their address! hahahahaa Of course, I'm not a stalker! But it's fun to play one or pretend! hahahahahaa :laugh:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts