Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know most go the other way but is it possible to go from 2004 navi to a non navi unit? reason is because I hate having to wait to control the ac and screen is foggy and looks outdated.

·
Registered
30 Posts
It should be possible since you can go non-nav to nav. Might not be plug and play though. I good place to start would be the nav conversion guide.

·
Registered
30 Posts
From what I have read so far it is plug and play and I plan on doing it hopefully in the next month.

The navi and non-navi units changed in 06, so if you have on 04-05 navi I would look for 04-05 non-navi. Or if you have 06+ I would look for 06+ only.
Also the clock screen above the center air vents is different between navi and non-navi cars. These are the same for all years though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I installed a non-navi radio (from a 2006) in my navi tsx (2008) today. There is a black connector for the navi unit that is not used but everything else plugs right in. The clock screen above the center vents does not work, it shows a garbled mess. You can get the non-navi clock or just leave it unplugged like I did. The non-navi unit doesn't do voice commands so the voice command buttons on the steering wheel do nothing now and could probably be removed.

I plan to modify an aftermarket unit into the stock one so I won't bother replacing my clock screen since the aftermarket unit will have a clock. I also don't think I would be able to set the clock once I remove the stock radio controls. I am going to wait and see if the aftermarket unit with a steering wheel controller will let me use the voice command buttons, if not I will remove them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just did mine today too. 2007 6 speed..... Navi over to non-Navi. Switched out with a 2006 non-navy radio and the clock too. Everything worked including the AUX input. No issues at all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
[
I just did mine today too. 2007 6 speed..... Navi over to non-Navi. Switched out with a 2006 non-navy radio and the clock too. Everything worked including the AUX input. No issues at all.
i have a question for you
Ive got a 05 tsx and my navi is broken and i want to swap it with a non navi radio set is it possible to do it through just plug and play or is it really difficult?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts