Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know most go the other way but is it possible to go from 2004 navi to a non navi unit? reason is because I hate having to wait to control the ac and screen is foggy and looks outdated.

·
Registered
27 Posts
It should be possible since you can go non-nav to nav. Might not be plug and play though. I good place to start would be the nav conversion guide.

·
Registered
27 Posts
From what I have read so far it is plug and play and I plan on doing it hopefully in the next month.

The navi and non-navi units changed in 06, so if you have on 04-05 navi I would look for 04-05 non-navi. Or if you have 06+ I would look for 06+ only.
Also the clock screen above the center air vents is different between navi and non-navi cars. These are the same for all years though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I installed a non-navi radio (from a 2006) in my navi tsx (2008) today. There is a black connector for the navi unit that is not used but everything else plugs right in. The clock screen above the center vents does not work, it shows a garbled mess. You can get the non-navi clock or just leave it unplugged like I did. The non-navi unit doesn't do voice commands so the voice command buttons on the steering wheel do nothing now and could probably be removed.

I plan to modify an aftermarket unit into the stock one so I won't bother replacing my clock screen since the aftermarket unit will have a clock. I also don't think I would be able to set the clock once I remove the stock radio controls. I am going to wait and see if the aftermarket unit with a steering wheel controller will let me use the voice command buttons, if not I will remove them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just did mine today too. 2007 6 speed..... Navi over to non-Navi. Switched out with a 2006 non-navy radio and the clock too. Everything worked including the AUX input. No issues at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
techno
Acura TSX Forum
TSX Club is the perfect forum for Acura TSX fans and Owners, where you can discuss concerns about reliability or how to upgrade your TSX with mods and accessories.
Full Forum Listing