Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the cheapest place online that sells the 2011 Orange Navi DVD upgrade? I just bought a 04 TSX / 04 MDX and would like to upgrade both vehicles. The only one I can find is Acura for $185.00. E-Bay is not any cheaper and theres not that many available!

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
Once in awhile they have promotion and sell it for like 100. I think the last time that happened was around Christmas? But yea it won't be easy finding it cheaper, I think.

·
pandaTSX
50 Posts
Navi DVD Upgrade

Does anyone know the cheapest place online that sells the 2011 Orange Navi DVD upgrade? I just bought a 04 TSX / 04 MDX and would like to upgrade both vehicles. The only one I can find is Acura for $185.00. E-Bay is not any cheaper and theres not that many available!
If anyone knows about a new DVD update to the Navi please let me know. Here where I am located my current Navi doesnt recognize almost every rd. And its very frustrating!!! Thanks

·
Registered
250 Posts
Im surprised Nobody posted the codes and all on here for us to download onto a disk and put in the car. Someone I know with a diff car on his forum they posted the upgraded nav so he just burned into a disk then put it in his car worked fine. Unless the HOnda ones are a little more complicated then that

·
super nerd
184 Posts
The hangup keeping people from copying or burning Honda/Acura navi discs is that the disc reads outside to in, where normal players/burners work inside to out. I've never heard of anyone successfully copying one.

As far as the price, usually around November they come out with a $99 special that expires at the end of January. Then, in late spring, they come out with a $149 special that expires at the end of June. They also charge $30+ for shipping:banghead:, so you should see if a dealer has them in stock and avoid that.

The older discs go for around $50-$100 on ebay. So, you could go that route and get a slight upgrade, or get the new one and sell your old one to offset the cost. At this point in the year, you might as well wait a few more months and get the 2012 disc.

I'm still rolling with the original 2004 disc because I haven't found that many road changes in my area to justify updating.

·
Registered
250 Posts
The hangup keeping people from copying or burning Honda/Acura navi discs is that the disc reads outside to in, where normal players/burners work inside to out. I've never heard of anyone successfully copying one.

As far as the price, usually around November they come out with a $99 special that expires at the end of January. Then, in late spring, they come out with a $149 special that expires at the end of June. They also charge $30+ for shipping:banghead:, so you should see if a dealer has them in stock and avoid that.

The older discs go for around $50-$100 on ebay. So, you could go that route and get a slight upgrade, or get the new one and sell your old one to offset the cost. At this point in the year, you might as well wait a few more months and get the 2012 disc.

I'm still rolling with the original 2004 disc because I haven't found that many road changes in my area to justify updating.
Thx, I need the upgrade i will wait for the 12 tho ugh. I have like gas stations on my map that are like peoples houses now and stuff so kind of annoying and random roads it'll say unknown rd.

·
got some new shoes :)
3,491 Posts
i have a updated disc but not the 11 disc sadly, it burnt fine though

1 - 7 of 7 Posts