Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand that one can upgrade both the software for the NAVI as well as get updated maps- anyone confirm this and also let me know how to do so

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
gobuds said:
I understand that one can upgrade both the software for the NAVI as well as get updated maps- anyone confirm this and also let me know how to do so
I just made a few calls and did some checking and here is what I learned.

First, their "Owners Link" (https://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/) is supposed to have a link or section to order an Owner's Manual or Acura DVD-Based Satellite Linked Navigation System. That said, it does not.

Next, I contacted Acura directly (Monday through Friday, 6:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific Standard time at their toll-free number (800) 382-2238) I was told they are aware of a problem with their Owners Link section and was given another site to order Navi updates from:
www.acuranavi.com there is a similar site for Honda vehicles at www.hondanavi.com Both appear to be owned by Alpine Electronics of America who is their Tier 1 supplier (OEM) for Acura and Honda Navi systems.

If you check the Acura Navi site, you will notice the "model year" selection box only goes to 2003. There is no choice for 2004 and obviously none for the TSX.

When I first contacted Acura they told me as of today an update DVD rom for the Navi was available. After I called again, they said Navi updates are available for non-speech recognition systems only.

Just to be certain I requested the most current software version for the TSX, it is the 2.11 version. To check this on your Navi equipt TSX go to the "Setup" screen, "Other" and the Navi version should appear.

The bottom line is that Acura (Alpine Electronics of America) only plans to offer upgrades once a year. According to Acura, we should look for the next upgrade around this time next year. :(

·
Registered
549 Posts
i assume you know that there is a new disc available... if you call honda/acura or go to your dealer... they will say it is NOT available...they have no idae what they are talking about....

acuranavi.com (redirects to alpine)

pull out your nav disc from the dvd drive..and if it says anything less than version 3.30F then you have the old version...

i just got the new one... there are a lot of minor changes.... but if you fight with your dealer they may reimburse you for the $200.... they are going to reimburse me for mine... i said that they should have given us the newest disc with the car..not one from 2001....

:)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
vp911 said:
i assume you know that there is a new disc available... if you call honda/acura or go to your dealer... they will say it is NOT available...they have no idae what they are talking about....

acuranavi.com (redirects to alpine)

pull out your nav disc from the dvd drive..and if it says anything less than version 3.30F then you have the old version...

i just got the new one... there are a lot of minor changes.... but if you fight with your dealer they may reimburse you for the $200.... they are going to reimburse me for mine... i said that they should have given us the newest disc with the car..not one from 2001....

:)
As of a month ago, my sources tell me that a new disc was released but soon after recalled due to some technical issues. Dealers were told to put it on hold and that was the last I heard. I need to check this again to confirm?

·
Registered
549 Posts
yea i dont know what they were talking about... i didnt hear that... it may have been true...but i ordered my about 2 weeks ago and got it a few days ago... set it up and no problems...

the dealers still think there is not one available... because the 800 number they call to order them - it says that the dvd that came in the 2004 cars is the newest one available... but that is not the case.. i have the newest one.. :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
currently the order site gives a popup stating the following-
"The current orange labeled DVD for this model is version 3.30F. A revised version (3.30G DVD) will be available in mid May that corrects minor system issues. However, version 3.30G will not have any additional map coverage or updated POIs beyond what 3.30F offers. If you wish to place an order now for the current 3.30F DVD, please select “Continue”. Your credit card will not be billed until the disc ships. "

·
Registered
549 Posts
??? my tsx came with the 3.20 disc... and i ordered the 3.30

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just got my TSX and the software version is 1.19. How do I update the software? I have not checked the disc yet, but will today.

·
Registered
549 Posts
www.acuranavi.com you can buy the new disc, but beware its almost $200.... on the dvd itself, does it say version 3.20 or 3.30? If it says 3.30 you are good to go, if it says 3.20 i would fight your dealer to make them pay for the new one.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Not that I would ever suggest anyone try this but... wouldn't it be interesting if this software could be copied with a DVD burner? :devil:

·
Registered
549 Posts
it cant... unless you find a dual layer dvd burner... actually now that i think about it, there is one out, but its about $200, maybe somebody should buy one try it and then return it... i mean i didnt just say that :) (and if you happen to try it let us know if it works)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
BTW, I just spoke again with the Acura DVD Order Desk (888-549-3798) and they still maintain there is no updated software available. According the rep, Ver 3.30 has superceded Ver 3.20, it would only be used as replacement for lost or stolen disks and contains no new or added data.

They said they would like to sell me an update, but the 2004 TSX has the most current version of the program, regardless of when the vehicle was purchased.

I tried to find out when there would be an update release and the rep could not provide that info? :donno:

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
The most updated version is the 3.3. The only changes on the 3.3 over the 3.2 is that there is a few more voice commands, and they tell you how many feet you have left to your target. (ie 500 feet, measured by the orange bar increments). No major changes to maps or points of interests...it might be tad faster though. I would wait until next year to get the updated version unless you currently have the 1.19!

·
Registered
549 Posts
joker have you always had gretzky there? lol i just noticed it :)

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
are you sure....i mean after all isn't he the one giving you the directions in place of the navi???

1 - 20 of 24 Posts