Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the navigation in the TSX have additional monthly/yearly costs? Or is the gps/navigational service in the TSX free to use forever?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
justsomeboi said:
Does the navigation in the TSX have additional monthly/yearly costs? Or is the gps/navigational service in the TSX free to use forever?
No additional costs, other then upgrading the disc :thumbsup:

·
Registered
549 Posts
What Joker said - the navi upgrades have been $185 per disc. A new disc is released every year, and you do NOT have to upgrade if you do not want to. Say you skip next years upgrade, and then in..say... 2007 you want the newest maps - shell out $185 and you are good to go.

The GPS satellites are paid for by our tax dollars (one of the few things we ever get to use - besides the roads of course) :D

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Right.

And not only don't you have to update it, I don't recall ANYBODY updating the disc in their '04, do you?

In fact, come to think of it......last we talked about it, I'm pretty sure there WASN'T any new one!

·
Registered
549 Posts
it will be released in jan. from when i last checked

·
Registered
180 Posts
larchmont said:
Right.

And not only don't you have to update it, I don't recall ANYBODY updating the disc in their '04, do you?

In fact, come to think of it......last we talked about it, I'm pretty sure there WASN'T any new one!
On the Honda Pilot boards, users have been waiting for an updated Navi disc for YEARS - ever since the Pilot came out in 2002 as a 2003 model. The Honda Pilot was saddled w/ a 2001 Navi disc which was WAY out of date. After being told it would come out year after year, Alpine finally released the updated Navi disc in November 2004.

It's my understanding that Alpine also makes the nav in the TSX. If so, I wouldn't hold my breath for yearly updates.

·
Registered
80 Posts
and im assuming there are some techies here who have bought a 185$ disc and are willing to rip and bit-torrent it? ;) hehe share the wealth!

·
Registered
549 Posts
mrjade said:
and im assuming there are some techies here who have bought a 185$ disc and are willing to rip and bit-torrent it? ;) hehe share the wealth!
as far as i know nobody has successfuly copied the dvd - except me... and I did it for the TL.... but i also hope nobody here offers to hand out copies as amer. honda surely surfs the boards and the legal dept. will have a field day. just my 2 cents

1 - 8 of 8 Posts