Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Yankee Killer
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyway you can set the navigation background colors/contrast when the headlights are on, to what it is when they are off?

Its hard to see during the day and i have to have the headlights on in NY because its raining...

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
Do you mean to say that you want it ALWAYS at the brightness as when the lights are NOT on ?
If so just press "Setup" then under Display press "Day" (your setting is "Auto" right now)
or voice command : Setup > (fedback: "What would you like to set up ?") Display Day

·
Yankee Killer
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess setup would've been the logical place to look first...

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
phataccord04 said:
......the navi britness for day and night should be based on time not by headlights....
:sprint:

Or, better yet, it should be sensitive to the ambient light.

·
Registered
157 Posts
when i have my settings on "auto" and turn on my headlights my navi screen still stays on the "day" setting. i can't get it to turn over to "night" setting automatically. does anyone know what is wrong ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
It could be that you have your lighting set to the brightest setting on the turn knob by your spedometer. If it is turned all the way right all lighting will stay bright day settings even when the lights are on.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
paulzie said:
It could be that you have your lighting set to the brightest setting on the turn knob by your spedometer. If it is turned all the way right all lighting will stay bright day settings even when the lights are on.
Nice one! :nod:
I think that might be it.
How did you know about that?

P.S. I didn't know it worked that way but I'm taking your word for it. :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not on my 04 Navi. When you turn the knob with the headlights on the navi switches back to day view. (brighter). I know this because I have used the adjustment when its day but raining and I need my headlights on. I can't see the Navi screen, so I turn the knob and it switches all gauges as well as Navi screen (as long as its set to automatic in the config) to day mode while the headlights are on.

·
By Appointment Only
172 Posts
Yeah, when you turn the Knob all the way up, so all the OOOOOO are lit up, the Navi Screen gets as bright as if would be in Day Mode, even in the '05.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts