Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read so many posts where some members thought the Navigation system either was or wasn't a waste of money. Well folks I was one of those people who believed it was a waste of money until yesterday.

My job is close by a Honda dealership so I went to check out the prices for Honda Accord EX-V6 with the Navigation system. Somehow I ended up test driving the car and let me say I am wondering how in God's name I have ever lived the last 17 years of my life driving without one. It is definitely a wonderful gadget you shouldn't dismiss until you've had the luxury of driving a car with one.

On a side note after the test drive I am now having a difficult time deciding whether I should purchase the Acura TSX or Honda Accord. I test drove the car on Route 17 in Ramsey for those of you familiar with New Jersey. I was highly impressed with the car overall. Also the salesman is offering me a 2005 Honda EX-V6 Sedan with Navigation for the same price I was quoted as the 2005 Acura TSX without Navigation.

Both of these cars meet my budget, but now that I've been introduced into the wonderful world of Navigation systems I can't bear thinking about purchasing a car without it. Yet, if I get the TSX with Navigation I blow my budget.

Decisions, decisions!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
I didn't get a navi with mine..but boy I sure do regret that decision... My next car will have navi in it :)

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
It depends on your lifestyle. If you go a lot of new places & travel, I can see how one would be beneficial to you. I have one that never really gets used (I pretty much do the same thing everyday: work/class/gym/library). It is nice to use the touch screen at times & look @ the pretty colors @ night tho

·
Registered
64 Posts
In 18 years of driving I can count the number of times I wish I had a navigation system on one hand.

·
Registered
256 Posts
No Navi here but regretting it ever since I picked up my TSX...=/

·
Denial: a river in Egypt
277 Posts
I got the navi and love it more than I thought I would! Get it, you won't regret it!

·
Denial: a river in Egypt
277 Posts
I guess it depends on how much you get lost (a.k.a. directionally challenged)
You really can't get lost with this thing! Also great when looking for phone numbers- :ben:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
joerockt said:
Maybe not worth $2K, but Im glad I got it anyway...
:sprint:

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
Hi Princess :wavey: glad to see you're drooling over this gadget :D yeah, definitely get it if you can.

I love the assurance that I will not get lost.
Just sick and tired of getting lost every now and then.
I love not having to worry if I should go this way or that way or doubting myself and what consequences.....
I am the curious type that often goes "hmm, i wonder what's down that way...."
Well with the nav system I can have a blast driving left n right n all over the places and not worry about getting lost.

Both of these cars meet my budget, but now that I've been introduced into the wonderful world of Navigation systems I can't bear thinking about purchasing a car without it. Yet, if I get the TSX with Navigation I blow my budget.
well you're financing it right ? so it's 2k spread over what 3/4 years ?
But TSX looks more its cost and Accord is JUST an Accord (= Boring :rotz: )

·
Registered
5 Posts
Why pay 2K for a Nav system that is fixed to that car. You can buy a portable one for far less money. Decent ones start as low as 500 bucks or so, plus you can take it with you to any car. You can also get ones that you can take with you when you go hiking, mountain biking, etc. I bet that it looks nice, but you can save a lot of money and have versatility with a portable one. Thats my 2 cents for what it is worth.

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
629 Posts
Umass02 said:
Why pay 2K for a Nav system that is fixed to that car. You can buy a portable one for far less money. Decent ones start as low as 500 bucks or so, plus you can take it with you to any car. You can also get ones that you can take with you when you go hiking, mountain biking, etc. I bet that it looks nice, but you can save a lot of money and have versatility with a portable one. Thats my 2 cents for what it is worth.
Because it looks better when its integrated into the system. Yes, I could of taken the extra 2Gs and got a nice flip out DVD Head unit with navigation, mp3, dvd, etc... but it would still be mounted too low for my liking and it just wouldn't look as nice. Plus, you would have to add all these accessories like a microphone somewhere and remote somewhere, when its all integrated into the car already if you purchased the Nav system.

Oh, get the TSX, screw the accord. Come on, do you really like the look of the accord? Maybe go with the coupe, but the sedan's rear end is attrocious.

·
Yankee Killer
37 Posts
The sedan accord's rear end is hideous, and maybe its just me, but the coupe's exterior looks really cheap.

·
Slickness...
971 Posts
Umass02 said:
I'd rather have a 10" screen then one of those dinky little mounted things. And besides, it does more then just show you where to go. A/C & Stereo controls are there as well.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
joerockt said:
I'd rather have a 10" screen then one of those dinky little mounted things. And besides, it does more then just show you where to go. A/C & Stereo controls are there as well.
Don't forget calendar (save appointments and it will display a reminder that day @ start up), trip computer (gas mileage) and calculator! :)

·
Registered
634 Posts
Well, we were not even remotely interested in a nav system when we test drove our TSX. But the more we thought about it the more we liked it, and so we opted for it in the TSX.

It really comes down to what you want out of the car. We liked the more aggressive styling and somewhat better handling of the TSX, because we both enjoy driving and we wanted a car that looked and felt the part.

The TSX handles better than the Accord V6-SE, but if 90% of your driving is typical American commute and if your a relatively typical driver, that truthfully doesn't matter much. The V6-SE has a little better acceleration - not hugely better, but noticeable - which is going to make the car feel more responsive in yout typical commuter drive.

If that suits you, then I'd say go for the Accord with Nav. If you like the two cars pretty equally I'd let the navigation system be the kicker and save the money by buying the Accord. On the other hand, we really felt the desire to own the TSX over the Accord, so we decided to break the budget and get the nav TSX.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts