Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

My navigation has been having a problem that has been getting progressively worse.

When I turn the car on, the navi boots up fine, but if I go on to use the touchscreen on the navigation things go a bit haywire. If i'm controlling the radio, and i press the button on the top left to go to my 1st preset station, the navi will press the bottom right button instead, or the return key, or whatever other button it feels like pressing that day. The not only happens in the radio section, but if i'm inputting an address, pressing Q may press G instead.

Also, sometimes while I'm driving not even touching the screen, buttons will be pressed on their own! screens may swithch (ie, navi will change to info, or trip screen will change to audio controls).

The strange this is, it happens very sporadically. Almost ALWAYS happens when i first start the car, while its been sitting for a while. and randomly only after 10 minutes of driving.

I went to the dealer for tihs, and they saw this issue while it was at it worst. They put the blame on the switchblade key, as it "is a TL key and may be sending signals to the navi". I've had the car with the same key since i bought the car, so i highly doubt it IS the key, especially being that so many people on this forum have the key.

Anyone else experience this?

-mike

·
Brandon
1,250 Posts
so our keys send signals to the navigation? That sounds like a bullshit excuse if you ask me.
If you have your regular TSX keys then use them for a while and see if it keeps acting up.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so our keys send signals to the navigation? That sounds like a bullshit excuse if you ask me.
If you have your regular TSX keys then use them for a while and see if it keeps acting up.
Will try that out. Its such an ugly key.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
4,232 Posts
Go intot he navi service menu, Hold down 'map/guide' & 'menu' & 'cancel' at the same time. One of the submenu's let you reload the navi software.

·
Brandon
1,250 Posts
Go intot he navi service menu, Hold down 'map/guide' & 'menu' & 'cancel' at the same time. One of the submenu's let you reload the navi software.
now why in the hell didn't the techs do that.

·
Registered
184 Posts
OMG! I can't believe that they told you that...I don't understand why dealerships won't fix stuff if it under warranty? I mean Acura PAYS FOR ALL of the labor and cost, not the dealership, they only pay if they screw up something. You should go to another dealership see what they say. The TL key is made up from the exact components as the TSX key and FOB.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts