Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I didn't get the navigation with my TSX (which I regret!)
-
I was wondering what navigation systems you guys recommend.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
FACTORY!!!! ITS THE BEST!!! lol.

Ok, well if you're gonna go aftermarket, look in to the Pioneer AVIC-Z1. Its the closest thing to factory, with a few nice features not available with even the Acura Navi. Im not saying its better than factory, or factory is better than Pioneer, they are both very nice systems in their own ways. The acura navi IMO is a more comfortable interface, however not "better". The Z1 is amazingly technologically advanced.

Its got the usual, dvd player, navigation, mp3, etc but it also has 10gb of space to store mp3 music, optional bluetooth connectivity, voice commands, xm nav traffic optional, rear view camera optional, ipod capable, and its touchscreen. Its friggin AWESOME!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Oh yea, you can pick it up for around $1600 on ebay, and hopefully you should be able to pick it up at a local shop for like $2k installed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
isn't it a hassle to put an indash navigation (not stock) into a non-nav car?
how does that work out?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Not at all. You WILL need some custom work done with that certain unit though because its double din, but it CAN be done. You just hook it up like regular aftermarket unit for one, and then you run the navigation antenna and just hook it up like on the back windshield. the software is already stored on the units hard drive, for the most part its plug and play. The hardest part will just be custom molding the double din unit, but once its done you'll be very proud of it. Its super nice!

·
3+6= shoe
46 Posts
The Factory nav unit is made by Alpine. That is why I put the Nve-872A in my car. If you want, I can get you in touch with someone that will install a Factory Nav system in your non Nav TSX. PM me if you are interested. It will cost about 200 for the wiring plus whatevr you can get the Nav unit for on e bay,

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
factory will look good....but make sure you check out the features of the pioneer. what I would give to have integrated nav traffic with the factory unit :(

not to mention...to play dvds on the factory unit you need another 600-700 worth of stuff.

don't get me wrong I love my factory nav....but some of those features of the alpine are so sick!

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Factory nav unit is made by Alpine. That is why I put the Nve-872A in my car. If you want, I can get you in touch with someone that will install a Factory Nav system in your non Nav TSX. PM me if you are interested. It will cost about 200 for the wiring plus whatevr you can get the Nav unit for on e bay,
Do you still have that connection?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts