Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mechanic said that my wife's TSX had NO oil in it and is shot! I need advice. Should I let him find and install an engine or shop around for one myself for him to install? I'm not sure what to look out for when buying an engine or where to look for that matter. I live in NJ. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had to replace my motor last year and i easily found one at a Honda salvage yard for $1000 (without giving a core.) They actually had 4 k24a2 motors sitting on the racks. just make sure you keep all of your accessory parts(powersteering, IM, alternator, sensors, etc...) because used motors don't come with them. also i was told by my mechanic to pull out the dip stick to see what the oil looks like. if it looks thick and off colored (looks like "baby shit") then it might have a blown head gasket. Even though most salvage yards give engine start guarantees they will not reimburse you for the labor. Ask your mechanic for a list of salvage yards in your area and just call around. good luck man.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts