Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I recently plan to upgrade my suspension to n+. I heard from a lot of frds that I need to install camber to rear, but I just read an article from heeltoe which i feel so confused...

Do I need a camber kit? - HeelToe Automotive

In the article, the author explains in detail about how camber works, and he mentioned that "as an authorized Tein distributor, 9 times out of ten we do not sell a camber kit. I have had over a dozen hondas, all lowered, and most lowered past 2". I have never had a camber kit on ANY of my cars. The ONLY car that I had a problem with tires with was my 94 accord which I had never aligned. Go figure. " and "f you are going to get a camber kit for your Honda, you only really need it in the front. "

I am a freshman in mod area and hope sb can explain that for me. I ll appreciate any comments on this topic.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I didn't want to make another thread for a couple questions so I'll just post here.

I have 17x9 +38 wheels. I'm not gona tuck but leave about an inch above the tire all around. Will I need a rear camber kit? If so, which do i get? Looks there are 2 different kinds.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I made the mistake of lowering with out the camber kit. I used the Tein S Tech springs on stock struts though. Only lowered everything about 1 1/2 inches. I did it in June and was warned that I was going to ruin my tires, but didn't realize how quickly...it's been two months and I've got chords on the inside of both front right tires. Which were at 80% before lowering...so pissed at myself for not going ahead and doing the camber kit while I was doing the springs.

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
I am lowered about an inch and a half.....I am installing one. 200.00 for extra life on tires that cost 900 or more a set. Sort of an easy choice if you ask me.

·
Jeff
902 Posts
I had -4 rear camber for over half a year with no uneven tire/inner tread wear.. I just had Firestone adjust toe within recommended specs.

I do have a ingalls rear camber kit now bc it was on sale and I didn't like my stockies slanted lol

·
n/a
8,580 Posts
I made the mistake of lowering with out the camber kit. I used the Tein S Tech springs on stock struts though. Only lowered everything about 1 1/2 inches. I did it in June and was warned that I was going to ruin my tires, but didn't realize how quickly...it's been two months and I've got chords on the inside of both front right tires. Which were at 80% before lowering...so pissed at myself for not going ahead and doing the camber kit while I was doing the springs.

did you get an alignment after?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didn't want to make another thread for a couple questions so I'll just post here.

I have 17x9 +38 wheels. I'm not gona tuck but leave about an inch above the tire all around. Will I need a rear camber kit? If so, which do i get? Looks there are 2 different kinds.
if you dont touch the suspension, i think alignment is enough for you.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

thx for informing your situation...i think i should install one

I just noticed there was a thread about a response for this article I listed. Its very helpful, and thx everyone's help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.