Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so i dont know where to start. i have an amp, and a sub. does anyone know if the stock radio w/ navigation is even compatible with this? i really am new to this and i need a lot of help. so someone please save me.

What do i need? (wires,etc.)
How do i get to the back of the navigation/ radio?
Is it even possible to hook up radio>amp>sub?

thankss

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much that really is a lot of help. do you have pictures on how you got to the back of your navigation system to the radio outputs?

and when you were finished did everything snap back into place correctly or were the snaps stretched out? just making sure cuz i dont want my mom to snap when she sees me ripping apart the inside of my new car haha

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Chicago
1,706 Posts
what do you need to get to the back of the navi unit for?
if you're only hooking up a sub and not a new head unit... you're just going to be splicing into the rear 6x9's... if your amp doesn't have speaker level input then you're going to need a Line Output Controller... and i would also recommend a ground loop isolator... everything snaps together just fine, it takes some patience but you won't be able to tell you ever took anything apart if you do it properly

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
I'm running an amp and sub with my nav unit..I didn't install it but my installer did not take out the nav unit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the replies. im going to do the line out converter way because it seems like the easiest and cheapest. would a cheap line out converter work alright?

thanks for the replies again. they really do help

·
Registered
215 Posts
yeah you should be fine, make sure the loc has adjustable nobs on it and you tap that in with the rear 6x9s that are in your trunk and use thoose rca's for your amp input. get a amp kit and just wire that up together.

·
got some new shoes :)
3,491 Posts
splice in to the wire...you can use t-taps you can get at autozone to tap in that what i did in my 04 with my system ( i have 06 navi swap)

T-Tap Connectors

like that ^ then a male spade terminal slids into that making the conection :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
alright thanks for the responses once again peeps.

i changed out the back 6x9s with aftermarket 3way pioneer ones. even though the stock ones are pioneer sub-only also, these have better bass. im working on getting a good 12" sub and good amp in the next week or so and hooking it up. i know my 3way 6x9s are useless but the bass i get out of the new ones are better. for now! haha

·
got some new shoes :)
3,491 Posts
i need new 6x9s as mine are blown (well one is) and ive been trying to decide what to get

1 - 11 of 11 Posts