Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas need some help... I recently installed some DDM H11 35w 3k hid kit in my fogs...however I seem to be having a problem...every time I turn them on, only one side would come on. Originally I thought it was my ballast, so I had them replaced...but even with the new ballast installed I am still having the same problem! However in some cases both would work but most of the time one won't.

Anybody else having this problem?

Any help or info you guys can provide will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have a 1st gen and I have this problem too. I came to the conclusion that it is because you can't have the fogs on when you start the car cause I guess it takes too much power. That's why I start up the car and wait like 10 seconds then switch on my fogs. Works every time man. Good luck hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
550 Posts
i have HID FOGS in my 12 and I just PnP. no relay. i do not use the auto on headlights ever though.

maybe its a wire or plug issue????? maybe on the bulb side. try switching sides with the bulb?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a 1st gen and I have this problem too. I came to the conclusion that it is because you can't have the fogs on when you start the car cause I guess it takes too much power. That's why I start up the car and wait like 10 seconds then switch on my fogs. Works every time man. Good luck hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
I'll try that next time and see if it helps... Thanks

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have HID FOGS in my 12 and I just PnP. no relay. i do not use the auto on headlights ever though.

maybe its a wire or plug issue????? maybe on the bulb side. try switching sides with the bulb?
You know what I don't think I have ever tried it without using the auto on...i will try using it with the headlight switch completely on.

As for switching the the bulbs, I've actually tried that but still had the same problem...

Thanks for the input

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope none of these suggestions worked...I will probably have to get under there and see what the hell is going on and if still can't figure it out, I will probably just buy yellow halogens!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gonna take a look at it today and see If its the wiring connections... Gonna have them on and wiggle all the connectors
Okay update: looks like the pins in the connector from bulb harness is loose n not long enough cause it appears that it's not making contact when I plug it into the oem harness...I tried to mess with it and when I shook it you could hear that it tries to make connection but it just won't stay in that position...so for right now I just installed my 6k bulbs until I can return the 3k's back to DDM and hopefully they will replace them with good ones....I will keep you guys updated. T

Thanks for all the input!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hey fellas need some help... I recently installed some DDM H11 35w 3k hid kit in my fogs...however I seem to be having a problem...every time I turn them on, only one side would come on. Originally I thought it was my ballast, so I had them replaced...but even with the new ballast installed I am still having the same problem! However in some cases both would work but most of the time one won't.

Anybody else having this problem?

Any help or info you guys can provide will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

i have the same issue lol i always have to get out the car and make sure theyre both on lol. im gonna take them out soon cuz its annoying and just put halogens

·
, Regional Meet Leader, San Diego,CA
627 Posts
I usually turn my fogs on after the car has started. Ran into this issue but after a lot of hours of use...
I ha thought it was because a rock ctacked one of the lenses and probably broke bulb, I ended up buying new bulbs and ballasts, problem solved, for now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.