Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
TSXLady
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vandergriff acura in arlington called me today. We had an original agreement of 28550 OTD for a black/parchment/auto/NAVI. They said they quoted the wrong invoice price of 26197 when originally making the deal. They now have said that the Manufacturer has changed the invoice price to 27374 for the car and they will sell it to me for that price + TTL to total an OTD of 29150. The car is to come in March... Is this legal for them to change it when the parties have signed a written document stating the terms of the agreement of 28550 OTD?

should it ake the car at 29150 OTD????????????????

·
Overworked Microsoft Peon
13,780 Posts
If you've got a signed document stating the final OTD price of $28,550, I don't think they're allowed to change the price underneath you.

If they're not willing to give you the agreed-upon price, I say go to the nearest BBB with the written document and then go find another dealership who'd be willing to match that price.

Note that I'm not a lawyer, so take all advice with a grain of salt. Also see if there are any fine print sections that might allow them to do something like this.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
If you signed on the original price, that's what you pay.

Do not agree to the new price and if they don't change the price back to what you were offered initially...time to take action...

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
TSX 'R' US said:
If you signed on the original price, that's what you pay.

Do not agree to the new price and if they don't change the price back to what you were offered initially...time to take action...
Yup, let them know if they don't sell at the original price, you will write a letter to the Better Business Bureau; complain to Acura Customer Service and the owner of the dealership.

Otherwise, you can assure them that another Acura dealer would love your business.

·
TSXLady
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, this is what I found out... sucks though. I called Acura Customer Service and found that the invoice price on all TSX in the Texas area have been increased by about $200 as of February 13 or 14thish.

The dealer I went to quoted me a completely wrong invoice price... which is their fault of course. Not mine bc I did all my research. I already knew I was gonna be able to pull a great deal. Well they apparently caught their mistake when having to go back to all the cars that are in "Waiting" as of February 13-14th, to inform the customers of Acura's increase. I ended up renegotiating the deal for 29K OTD. Sucks that its $450 more than what I originally negotiated.

I got some legal advice. Basically its all about opportunity cost: Is it worth the Lawyer fees and issues or just to see if I can renegotiate the car. 29K OTD is not a bad deal at all for this car since its SOO HOT in the market right now. I also got 4.25% and had them lock in the new contract. BC my car was totalled I have a rental right now due on March 1st. I asked if they would give me a loaner car until my car comes in adn they agreed. Beats paying for a rental for 1 week or so.

I'm sad... but I guess the deal is still good...

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
well, as long as you're happy with what you're paying...that's all that matters. :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts