Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK, I have a set of Koni sports with ground control coilover springs being shipped to my house (actually Koni are here). I still have nightmares over the Passat struts that I am looking to avoid breaking down a strut. So, Koni has washers and replacement nuts which takes care of some of the parts to complete a strut. What about the rest....?

Here is what I am thinking I need:
Front (Acura Parts @ AcuraOEMparts.com - Genuine Acura OEM Parts from Delray Acura
51675-SDA-A01 Top hat (X2)
51631-SV7-004 (X4) Or TL Type S 51722-SSO-004 (X4)
51722-SS0-004 (X2) Cut down

Rear (Acura Parts @ AcuraOEMparts.com - Genuine Acura OEM Parts from Delray Acura
52675-S84-A01 Top Hats (X2)
51631-SV7-004 (X4) Or TL Type S 51631-SV7-004 (X4)
51722-SDA-A01 (X2) Cut down

Can I leave out the dust cover sleeve, the rubber spring mount, dust cap (but use Koni), washers (but use Koni) or nuts that have to be OEM to work with OEM tophats? Let me know if I am thinking correctly and thank you for all your help.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I would keep the dust cover sleeve to protect the piston rod from the elements. It did a great job protecting the oem struts. The rears have a End cap that keep it completely protected. The front for me was loose but once the spring and struts were under compression the dust cover/boot protected the piston rod. In my opinion I would get the rubber spring mount. I see it as something Acura liked so much that they used it on production. May help keep the springs from getting scratched/ make squeaks. Not sure about the rest.

I just looked at the rear diagram, for sure I would get 2,9,2,12,10,11,15,14.

Sorry I'm on my phone and it's frustrating flipping windows. Pm me if you have questions- I just installed my koni and springs last weekend.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.