Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
TSXX
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello
i was wondering if you guys know how to install coilover for tsx. any instrution?, because i just brought a set of coilover for TSX, and i wanted to install it myself, but i dont have instrution of installing it, so i was wondering if you guys did it before yourself.
Thank you

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
i dont think that spring removal/installation should be done by yourself unless you have done it before..because you have to compress the springs first to take them out? and it can be very dangerous..cuz u dont want a set of springs flying at your head going warp speed..

i'd take it to AJ since many guys here have done so already..but if you are gonna do it yourself, take lots of pics and make a installation guide for us :)

·
Overworked Microsoft Peon
13,780 Posts
Ummmm - "Jessica Alba Stalker"?

Very interesting title there, -phase-... :laugh:

·
Hondatafied
134 Posts
Since you have a coilover setup (i'm assuming a true coilover, not a sleeve) aren't the springs assembled on the strut already? As for the oem suspension setup, it comes out as one unit (springs/struts) so no need to compress. However, if you're planning on using a sleeve-type coilover (ground control & skunk2) with your existing oem struts I think you will need a spring compressor.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,514 Posts
Which coilover did you buy?

Tein FLEX, D2, Zeal and Buddy Club come complete with upper mounts. Tein SS, Basic, and the H&R use the factory upper mounts which means disassembly of your stock struts after you pull them out.

The only one I'm not sure about is the Tanabe coilover-only one person seems to have them and he wasn't sure if it used factory mounts. Their website is vague on this bit of info, but for the price, I'd guess it does not include them......

Anyway, it's an easy car to work on. You do have to pull the rear seat bench (1 bolt and clips) to get to the side bolsters (one bolt each). This allows access the the rear strut top, where there are two upper mount bolts.

As with any suspension install, it's very helpful to have a second set of hands, especially to put the the new struts in, although you can use a jack to hold them in place from the bottom while you screw the nuts on from the top.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts