Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was on AutoGeeks site and was looking at some stuff that I would like to buy for my car. This is the first car I myself have purchased (2013 Acura TSX Black/Black) and I would like to get into the washing my own car bubble because I took it to a car wash that supposedly did a great job (recommendation) and I found swirls and a bunch of imperfections when I got back. Plus it will be fun to start washing my car and my gfs on days off.

I dont know if AutoGeek is a vendor here but this is a list of stuff that I was looking to get. Maybe someone can give me a deal on these. Thanks a bunch.

--Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 Liquid Wax
--Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Car Wax Car Care with the Pads
--Guzzler Waffle Weave by Cobra 16x24 drying towel or 20x40 (3 maybe)
--Plush Micro-Chenille Car Wash Mitt (2 maybe)
--Pinnacle Safe Scrub Bug & Tar Pad (theres a pack of 6?)
--California Car Detailing Drying Jelly Water Blade (2 maybe)
--5 Gallon Wash Bucket with grit guard (2 maybe)

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
If youre asking for a deal, search between autogeek/detailersdomain (located in NJ, Phil is a great guy) and detailed image. Sometimes some are cheaper than the others.

If you want product recommendations, autogeek has heavy bias (in terms of product reviews) on wolfgang and pinnacle products. Either they copy pasted, or started writing reviews on those and got lazy with the other stuff. Either way, you can get (IMO) better stuff.

If you aren't going to correct the swirls (I.e polish them out), then this would be my hand wash method (this is what I have lol):

*2 (5) gallon wash bucket w grit guards (I buy the home depot orange buckets, cheap does the job)

*Lake country big blue wash sponge (i prefer these over mitts, but lamb wool wash mitt by megs in my expereince was great except when it got stuck in door handles, etc.)

*Meguiars Shampoo Plus/Meguiars Gold class to wash (I like shampoo plus because I can buy it in bulk for cheap)

*Meguiars X2000 waffle weave mf towel (Im sure cobra is great, but its hella overpriced lol, and this has worked great for me)

*California water blade (have to demonstrate diligence using this product, because if you dont you can do more damage than good)

*Duragloss Aquawax 751 OR Finish Kare FK425 as a quick detailer/final topper for washes in between full waxes

-----

As for sealants and waxes, thats all up to you. Keep in mind if you plan to put on wax or a sealant, you must clay the surface of the car to clean the clear coat. So its wash, dry, claybar, wax/sealant. Google claybarring a car if you need more info. I use:

*Clay Magic clay bar (the blue one, medium grit)
*Collinite 845 (synthetic wax, lasts months, cheap, great shine)
*Klasse AIO (sealant, I haven't used this in years but I have it, I prefer 845 over AIO)
*P21s 100% Carnauba (haven't used this as I only have my beater, but this is 100% shine, expensive, not like a sealant or synthetic wax as it lasts only for a few weeks).

Hope this helped.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If youre asking for a deal, search between autogeek/detailersdomain (located in NJ, Phil is a great guy) and detailed image. Sometimes some are cheaper than the others.

If you want product recommendations, autogeek has heavy bias (in terms of product reviews) on wolfgang and pinnacle products. Either they copy pasted, or started writing reviews on those and got lazy with the other stuff. Either way, you can get (IMO) better stuff.

If you aren't going to correct the swirls (I.e polish them out), then this would be my hand wash method (this is what I have lol):

*2 (5) gallon wash bucket w grit guards (I buy the home depot orange buckets, cheap does the job)

*Lake country big blue wash sponge (i prefer these over mitts, but lamb wool wash mitt by megs in my expereince was great except when it got stuck in door handles, etc.)

*Meguiars Shampoo Plus/Meguiars Gold class to wash (I like shampoo plus because I can buy it in bulk for cheap)

*Meguiars X2000 waffle weave mf towel (Im sure cobra is great, but its hella overpriced lol, and this has worked great for me)

*California water blade (have to demonstrate diligence using this product, because if you dont you can do more damage than good)

*Duragloss Aquawax 751 OR Finish Kare FK425 as a quick detailer/final topper for washes in between full waxes

-----

As for sealants and waxes, thats all up to you. Keep in mind if you plan to put on wax or a sealant, you must clay the surface of the car to clean the clear coat. So its wash, dry, claybar, wax/sealant. Google claybarring a car if you need more info. I use:

*Clay Magic clay bar (the blue one, medium grit)
*Collinite 845 (synthetic wax, lasts months, cheap, great shine)
*Klasse AIO (sealant, I haven't used this in years but I have it, I prefer 845 over AIO)
*P21s 100% Carnauba (haven't used this as I only have my beater, but this is 100% shine, expensive, not like a sealant or synthetic wax as it lasts only for a few weeks).

Hope this helped.
Yes thank you! this definitely helped a lot. Ill be going to home depot for the buckets.

I do like the Lake country big blue wash sponge I wonder if you need more than one? Should I get more than one if I'm looking to wash two cars? Any you can get a good price on these or where do you get yours from?

The weave towel does look good, its about 10 dollars less on ebay for a 3 pack so I will see what i do with that but do you know of any deal site or good price for these?

The water blade I am looking to use it on the windows only even though it has that plastic cover on the blade.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.