Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the "Check Emissions System" alert for about 300 miles. I did the OBDII scan today at autozone and got the following codes:
P2185-engine coolant temp sensor 2
P2183 engine coolant temp sensor 2 CKT range/perf
P0111 IAT sensor 1 CKT range/perf

The dealer has a $110 diagnostic fee which is refundable if the actual problem is covered by warranty (I have the 50k mile warranty still). I just don't want to take it in for something stupid and get charged a ton.

Any ideas or simple things I could try? Do I need a new sensor? I've only worked on old jeeps which are basically Lego's for big kids.

·
iVTEC no koe
1,913 Posts
First, I would check to ensure you have enough coolant. Then check the sensors for loose connections (and it wouldn't hurt to check for loose connections at the ECU, if you've done anything around there recently).

There's 2 engine coolant temp sensors: one underneath the fuse box (you will have to lift/unscrew it), the second one is on the lower (driver side) corner of the radiator facing the engine.

The IAT sensor is located on the intake tube to the right of the throttle body (within a couple inches of the throttle body).

If there appears to be no loose connections, you would need the scanner again for troubleshooting to check that all sensors are working properly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts