Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the easiest way to remove the rear "A" emblem? I know there are 2 pins on the back, do I just push them out? I am replacing it with the rear "H" emblem..

·
I love my CL9!
4,068 Posts
The pins are just there so you can't mess up where to place the emblem. It's the double sided tape that keeps the emblem on. Just warm up the tape a bit and maybe use some floss to separate the emblem from the trunk.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ohh so those pins actually don't come out? Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
189 Posts
The pins are just there so you can't mess up where to place the emblem. It's the double sided tape that keeps the emblem on. Just warm up the tape a bit and maybe use some floss to separate the emblem from the trunk.
Yea just heat it up and use floss to separate it. It's gonna leave a little residue so like I used Goo gone to get all the double sided tape off then added the new emblem.

Sent from my PG86100 using AutoGuide.Com Free

·
Registered
144 Posts
Be careful about goo gone, it has a chemical that will take your paint off. I've used a few things in the past, an eraser wheel works very well. When I took off my ACURA and TSX badges I had to use a rubbing compound and then wax it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Be careful about goo gone, it has a chemical that will take your paint off. I've used a few things in the past, an eraser wheel works very well. When I took off my ACURA and TSX badges I had to use a rubbing compound and then wax it.
Damn that i didn't know. I've debadged my car and friends car and used Goo gone and i never had a problem

Sent from my PG86100 using AutoGuide.Com Free

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the tips everyone, I've already taken the "Acura" and the "TSX" off a couple days ago and I used goo gone too and it was fine. The goo gone came in a spray bottle, not sure if its the same as the one everyone else has used or not.

·
Live life supercharged!
598 Posts
just to clarify this for people in the future since it was a little weird for me (dont know if thats bc ive been up since 5am) but do these steps:

1) heat up the A emblem with a hair dryer and floss the A emblem off
2) you will see two white plastic holes/pins where the rods on the back of the A emblem used to fit into
3) undo the top of the trunk liner from the inside of the trunk and push out these white pins. this will leave you with two bare holes punched through the trunk.
4) pop your H emblem into place.
5) grab a beer :cheers:

·
Registered
1 Posts
just to clarify this for people in the future since it was a little weird for me (dont know if thats bc ive been up since 5am) but do these steps:

1) heat up the A emblem with a hair dryer and floss the A emblem off
2) you will see two white plastic holes/pins where the rods on the back of the A emblem used to fit into
3) undo the top of the trunk liner from the inside of the trunk and push out these white pins. this will leave you with two bare holes punched through the trunk.
4) pop your H emblem into place.
5) grab a beer :cheers:

Hey man, what size logo did you get for the TSX? Im not sure what size to get.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts