Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Paid 4
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need Help replacing Thermostat and AC Compressor?? - Got it Done "Like a Boss"

(04 TSX) Hey whats up guys, has anyone ever personally replaced their Thermostat and or AC Compressor? My Ac Compressor Clutch just broke right off earlier this week while driving , then today I got a check light for the Thermostat, lol....I already got all the parts and will be working on it this weekend.

Just needed some input from you guys to make it easier for me being that Ive never replaced these parts on this car before.

Can I do everything from Top or would it be better to remove these parts from under the car or both ways? Please let me know whats the best way to replace these "My Self" and what other parts I may need to remove to get to them, I would really really appreciate it.

Thanks Guys

·
Paid 4
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got it done, "Like a Boss"

This wasnt too bad at all changing my AC Compressor, Thermostat, PCV Valve and Serpentine Belt. Didnt bother replacing the Tensioner, because I found out the noise was coming from the AC Compressor.

I had to remove the Fan, move the Power steering Pump aside and remove the Altinator to get to the AC compressor and also Thermostat. It was pretty easy, The hardest part was removing the 2 screws from the bottom of the AC Compressor which are very very close to the subframe. These can only be reached from under the car and the space is very very very tight, so the plastic guard has to come down. I took a few pics.... Hope someone finds this helpful...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts