Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is like the fifth time my tsx have done this. when you drive it for like a minute or two it loses power like the clutch is going out. the vsa turns on and the check engine lights turn on. then when turn off the engine and wait for a sec it runs normally again. i don't know what is wrong with it. i am guessing that the fly wheel is loose cuz it makes a sound when it takes off. but i am not really sure. can you guys give me some advice? i dont really wanna waste money on a diagnose so if you guys cant help then i probably have to cuz i dont wanna mess up the engine.

·
iVTEC no koe
1,913 Posts
I would say something is wrong with your throttle body (or DBW related). Since the check engine light comes on, I would suggest you try to get the code from it to know for sure.

·
Registered
273 Posts
It could be some other sensor besides the throttle body. What ever it is, it is making the drive by wire close the throttle. It most likely is the throttle position sensor or the wiring that connects it to the computer or the input ciruit on the computer board. First thing to do is check that all the electrical connectors on the throttle body are properly connected. It they are, it is going to require connecting the car to an OBDII diagnostic machine and running through the whole diagnostic tree. Most likely the best thing to do is take it to a dealer.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Customer States: Car is hesitating & having trouble accelerating, check engine, VSA & TCS lights lit on dash. Code 2138 APP Sensor incorrect voltage, data list A 1.20 volts, B .37 volts, clear code, reset.
Perform troubleshooting page 11-262, testing says replace APP sensor, replace sensor, check voltage, B 50% of A all through range, test drive, no code - issue resolved

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Customer States: Car is hesitating & having trouble accelerating, check engine, VSA & TCS lights lit on dash. Code 2138 APP Sensor incorrect voltage, data list A 1.20 volts, B .37 volts, clear code, reset.
Perform troubleshooting page 11-262, testing says replace APP sensor, replace sensor, check voltage, B 50% of A all through range, test drive, no code - issue resolved
thats what they pulled up on it...so all i have to do is replace the app sensor?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
All I can tell you is mine was done when the car was still under warranty but after they did it, the problem was gone. Good luck and hope this helps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.