Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am lost as to where this clunk is coming from in the rear of my whip. I did the following mods below and can't seem to pin down where the issue lies:

1.) Swapped OEM Struts with Koni's Sports with Ground Control coilover kit.
(Installed TL-S bushing (fronts only), new TSX bushing (rear), new top hats (4) and hardware)

2.) Installed Apexi WS2 Exhaust (posting a thread on this one in the other section, but important to know for the question above).

Here is what I have done to correct issue so far:

1.) Tq every bolt to OEM spec twice with two different Tq wrenches.

2.) Tq the OEM rear sway bar links with Progress RSB (twice too).

3.) All Struts are set to Sport setting with 360 degree turn (checked twice as well)

Other important factors to help the reader:

1.) Install all new struts with new OEM bolts/w nuts (new hardware) 3 weeks ago

2.) Installed Progressive RSB 9 months ago

3.) Installed new NAPA rear sway bar links 9 months ago as well

4.) Car is not slammed and is set to the highest it will go, which is about a 3 finger gap all around.

Please take a look and let me know what you are thinking. I really have no idea what my next step is besides replacing the end links. However, it is low miles with less then 7K on it and installed with RSB 9 months ago. When I did the install of the rear struts, the end links were still stiff.
TIA

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So....39 views and nothing. Do you think it could be Rear sway bar links or something else?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I had this problem when I put my Tein springs on. It turned out that I had loosend the sway bar during installation and it caused a clunk only when going over certain bumps.

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had this problem when I put my Tein springs on. It turned out that I had loosend the sway bar during installation and it caused a clunk only when going over certain bumps.

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
I tend to hear it more on hard stops and turning left. However, all 4 nuts are Tq to spec and then some (yes, hex bit in center bolt during TQ). All hardware is Tq to spec with no play...the only two other things I could think of is not using the washers for the rear shock, but all the guides and manuals states that is for the TL install only. Again, no play with loaad or no load on the shocks.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Rear sway bar bushings. Replace/relube. Also make sure when you torque down suspension bolts like the rear shock bolt, that you are doing it with load on the shock and not with everything hanging in the air

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for your help. New upgraded exhaust hangers stop the noise.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.