Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All i know about this part is that its a sensor thats a magnet.. It is causing my tsx to downshift hard when the k24a2 exust breaking is engaged..it is intermittent..i called in to a local mechanic radio show and he explaned thats that sensor is dirty and try cleaning it..and noobish me i didnt write down the name of this part there are other tranny issues that artrubited to this didry magnetic sensor

·
Registered
325 Posts
The tsx doesn't have exhaust braking, just standard engine braking. Unfortunately more info is needed to positively diagnose this issue.

Either way, sounds like a trans speed sensor. As far as being "dirty", if it had enough contaminants on it to cause an issue during manual mode, it should have negative effects on automatic PCM mode.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what my tsx does is when i am coming to a stop the engin will rev and then the car will jerk...it is an intermittent thing as it wil come an go as it pleases it will jerk a lot in bumper to bumper traffic and then be fine for a while..if i shift in to neutral it will not jerk or rev which leads me to beleve there is a sensor glitch

1 - 4 of 4 Posts