Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2004 Acura TSX.. I can’t figure this out as I’m not a mechanic and can’t find any info with a google search.
This plug that is located near the front left axle seal is leaking fluid. It smells like transmission or gear oil. What is this plug? I don’t think it’s the front differential or is it?
If this is the front differential does it share MTF with the transmission? How do I go about fixing this issue? Can I replace this bolt with a new plug and washer and drain and fill the transmission from the transmission drain and fill bolts? Or do I need to remove this plug and top up with whatever fluid is required (diff fluid, trans fluid) and all will be good? Sorry for this rookie question I’m pretty stumped on this. The check engine and VSA lights have come on as well which started my investigation. I need to drive this to work tomorrow morning so I really hope someone can help asap. Sucks there is no transmission dip stick to check fluid levels and worst part is I just moved to a new city and have no tools, OBD scanner or jack stands to tackle this myself until tomorrow after I buy everything I need after someone hopefully helps me figure this out. Please help thanks in advance.

i
Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Automotive exhaust

Jaw Wood Grey Art Artifact

Wood Tints and shades Asphalt Flooring Automotive exterior

·
Registered
95 Posts
That plug has the clip to remove the countershaft inside. Its simply used to access to open/rebuild the transmission. It looks like someone already tried to put silicone on it to prevent it from leaking.
You can take it out but its on there tight…then just clean the old silicone and put some new gray or black RTV silicone on the threads to prevent further leak and hope for the best.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Actually i see uneven rtv on the mating surface of the clutch housing and the rest of the case. Maybe your transmission was opened before.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts