Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my mechanic last year installed the suspension. My left rear thread is about 5" and my right rear is like 3.5", so my right rear is much lower than the left. Trying to raise the right to 5".

I tried adjusting it today but failed... need to know any other tips before I pay the mechanic.

I unlocked the locking collar and removed the bolt that threads through the lower bracket. After that I couldn't spin the lower bracket... seems this should have been adjusted per install? How have you guys adjusted the height post install.

Need some help!

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
maybe contact heeltoe. if these are anything like buddyclubs, then you spin the threading after you unlock the collar. if the threading won't spin you could unbolt the bottom of the coilover and spin just the bottom piece.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we were thinking of that but when we spun it, the lower bracket spun too accomplishing nothing. then we thought of holding the lower bracket with a wrench but thoguth wed strip the threads.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Chicago
1,706 Posts
when i don't have it on a lift i unlock top and bottom collar, and grab the threaded tube and just spin.
when i have it on a lift i disconnect the bottom mount and spin that.

take a video, clearly you're doing something wrong but maybe its not too far off.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! I will try this. I guess you spin the threaded column counter clockwise to raise it.

At this exact moment, I have the nut unlocked and spun up and the lowering bracket bolted to the car. When I try to spin the threaded part it doesnt move and the lowering bracket (colored part) seems to want to move too... I just hope if I pull too hard nothing will break :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.