Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't know where to post this but my girlfriend got into an accident and it's not her fault at all. Some guy cross into her lane and crashed head on into her. Now the car is totaled and been in the tow yard since May 11th. The guy insurance is trying to make me pay for the car to be removed the tow yard and placed into a free storage place but I don't think I should be paying for nothing at all since it's his fault and we even have the police report saying he admitted it and witness that saw the accident.

The question is should I be the one who's paying for it?

·
Live life supercharged!
598 Posts
if the police report says you are not at fault, you should not have to pay a single penny for anything.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I thought too but his insurance keeps on saying I need to move the car with my own money until the investigation or some bull shit is done. And I don't want to get a lawyer involve because then he'll take a 3rd of what I get back.

·
That's Doctor
231 Posts
Ok, so you have eye-witnesses and a police report. This is an open and shut case. If you didn't report the accident to your insurance company, you need to do this. Your insurance company will want to protect its assets and since it's not your fault, this is the rare event when your insurance company is on your side. Basically, the other party's insurance company should work out all the details with your insurance company. If there's some sort of investigation tying everything up, your insurance company should pay to get the car to wherever it needs to go etc. then bill the other insurance company once they conclude they're at fault. That's why you have insurance. I would argue that nothing should be coming out of your pocket at this point.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have had 2 accidents where my car was totaled and they were not my fault. Both times I just called my insurance company (AAA) and they dealt with it. I didn't have to pay anything ever, and I really didn't even have to deal with it at all.

I had one accident when I had some random crappy insurance company. Again, it was not my fault, but they dragged the thing out for months and kept asking me for statements, etc.

Bottom line: Get good insurance.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you. I have commerce insurance and after this experience I am going cancel my insurance with them. I called them and they said they can't help me? And I said why do I pay you guys every month then? Then he said he can't do nothing because I'm filing a claim against the other party insurance. I think thats just straight up bull shit. My own insurance haven't did shit for me and I had to call the other party insurance and file the claim myself.

·
Live life supercharged!
598 Posts
Yeah your insurance is screwing you over bigtime. Like others said, this is where they fight for you. Time to switch to a different company after this is cleared.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts