Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tsx seems to have so many problems. Don;t know where to begin. I had been working on the air conditioner. I have replaced everything in the ac system except the evaporater and the condenser. Everything else is brand knew. My cat runs like crap if the ac is on. doesnt run great with the ac off but with the ac on it bogs the car down so much it almost dies. In a drive thru i have to have the car in netural and stay on the gas peddle while i order if the ac is on or it will kill the car. And the ac only blows cold while going down the highway. blows hot the rest of the time. On top of all this the check emissions light wont go off. I just replaced the gas cap but light remains on. I even tried some stuff that gaurenteed would turn the emissions light off but it didnt work either. My cars already failed inspection and they wont pass it now until the emissions light is off. I love my little car but Im at the end of my rope with this car. I dont know what else to do. Please help....

·
Registered
372 Posts
Have you checked if your car is generating any OBD codes? That could reveal quite a bit about what is causing your emissions light. You can also try to reset any codes to see if the problem(s) have actually been resolved.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You should stop throwing random parts at it, to see if it fixes it.
Check emissions light is basically the "check engine" in our cars, so if you have an engine problem it will pop up. This is probably related to the stalling issue, something is wrong.
Get the car scanned by someone and tell us the fault. Its impossible to find the fault without any data.
About the AC blowing hot when driving at low speeds it is probably realated to the car not having enough or too much freon, or your condenser is plugged. And aigain diagnose the issues first before throwing anymore parts at it.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Sounds like too much Freon to me.. go to a shop that has a good charging station and has the ability to weigh the charge in the system. It should be right around 14-16oz I believe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts