Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really need some help please.
So I am going to replace the bumper for my 04 tsx and I am having a paint match nightmare!!

I live in Vancouver, Canada. I bought an aerosol paint match and have it mixed at a local auto shop. The guy asked me for my VIN and took the 11th character from the VIN and match it on the computer which came out nighthawk black pearl. Took the paint home and this is what I got.

Why is it blueish like that? Do I need more coat to make it dark? I looked at the door side of my car and I put a bright flashlight from my phone and I can see the same sparkly blue flakes but it's not that noticeable.

But this one here is just way too blueish. Color looks nice and I really like it but the problem is it will stand out. Any input is welcome I just need a darker color because my tsx is black. So pls shine some light here and help me.

Thank you in advance. =)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Uhh.... that definitely doesn't look like NBP to me. Did you shake the can enough? the spray application isn't uniform either...

·
Registered
708 Posts
It's an aerosol can spraying a pearl color - it's never going to look liken the paint on your car which is base/clear.

That actually looks right - once it's covered with a clear coat it should have similar depth to the rest of the car, but again, it's still a spray can - it's always going to be obvious you rattlecanned it unless you know how to really wet sand the primer/paint/clear individually.

No offense but I can see those big ass drips - I'd sand it all down and start over.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's an aerosol can spraying a pearl color - it's never going to look liken the paint on your car which is base/clear.

That actually looks right - once it's covered with a clear coat it should have similar depth to the rest of the car, but again, it's still a spray can - it's always going to be obvious you rattlecanned it unless you know how to really wet sand the primer/paint/clear individually.

No offense but I can see those big ass drips - I'd sand it all down and start over.

Thanks for the reply. This is my first DIY project and yes I'll have to sand that over dripped and do it again but I figured it will never match so I'll have to wait till summer since I'm dipping my entire car. I bought the kit for it so it will be fun. ;):)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts