Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all:

I have a 2008 tsx (obviously) with factory navigation. I want to redo the whole audio system. I do not think the "40" is loud enough when I am driving on the highway with a window down. I want to get some speakers that get louder, and sound a lot better.

I want to start with a JBL MS-8, but from there I would like some recommendations. I was thinking of infinity kappas all around, but I have heard that it is nearly impossible to get them to fit.

What type of speakers and amps do you all recommend?

Thanks for your time

·
Team Advantage Audio mem
834 Posts
no such thing as impossible,butissuch thing as limit you want of modification. Everyone said my krx wouldnt fit, but i got them to fit :p though it was painful....

As foryour componet best thing to do is just go out an listen to some speaker, and mayb some member cars in your area that have a stero in it so you can get a better idea of how it sounds. Dont forget that dampening the car door a bit will help alot.

Another thing is what is your budget? since you got the ms-8 roughly 5-800 of your budget is gone.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont really have a budget, but as much as I wish I could, spending $1500 for some Focal components isn't an option. I don't want to spend more than say $250 on each set of speakers

·
Team Advantage Audio mem
834 Posts
alrighty were getting somewhere

speakers <= 250 I still sudjest you go out an listen to some speakers so you can get a good idea on what u like. If you kinda like how the alpine sounds, then mayb you should look into the type x sounds alot better... tho it does need more power abit. You may want to try out boston accustics I love them still... Though I favor the focals midrange better over all, but the boston has very good sound somewhat balanced. There is some harshness to the tweeter on the pro's and most bostons ive herd, but since u got that ms-8 then there wouldnt be a big problem. Hertz are also nice, but I never herd there entry level

What about an amp? If your wanting to save some space id reconmend the jl audio 900/5. Kinda pricy but its a two in one, and is more jusifiable if you ask me. It can easly handle hungry spk, and it will fit under the seat or can easily mount to the rear deck no prob.

are you going to put a sub in? For subs I do not really have an oppinion on for you. It is all down to the area you want to put it in, and the volume of the area. From there tat could help you find the right sub. A 10 or an 8 could be easily put into the side of your trunk fiber glassed in, or could build a box that you can take out when not needed like i have done for now.

Well let us know what you decide, and if you have anyquestion feel free to ask

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for your help

i am set on sub(s) and a sub amp, i have an alpine type r 12 currently hooked up to an alpine mrp-m1000, and i have two extra type r's in my closet.

i did hear the alpine type s components at best buy and i thought they sounded pretty decent, but id more than likely get the alpine type r components, ive read really good things about them.

how are the focal mid level priced speakers, do you know?

thanks again

·
Team Advantage Audio mem
834 Posts
Type R arent bad at all... Though I never owned one or really would. They do sound nice for the money. As for why I wouldnt buy one is stupid.... ( dont like the color scheme)

They are awesome! Ive herd them all. Though saying that I wouldnt setle for anything lower then the poly's. You can prob find a k2 series one for cheep somewhere. Orginaly I tried focal on a limb. Bought the KF from a local guy super cheap that anyone would of bought the that was upgrading. Ever since then I just fell in love with there speakers. Been wanting to upgrade the krx3 but thats up there... and i have no more conection with focal anymore since Oklahoma has a hard time supporting higher end stuff.... also I wouldnt know where to mount them. Another idea you could do is like buy parts of speakers and put that together

1 - 6 of 6 Posts