Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone im looking into buying a header for my 04. There are alot of different brands from comptech, obx, plm, weapon r etc.

Ive heard alot of good things about the obx but im not really to sure if anyone has any input i would greatly appericiate it

Thanks in advance Pat

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Comptech, now know as CT-Engineering make great headers. I've had mine for a while now and it's definately a worth while purchase. Weapon R does make great headers and a bit more power than the CT-E headers, it is a straight pipe and cat delete which may push people away. You can't go wrong with either of those. PLM is along the same lines as Weapon R but PLM does make a little more power.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have been researching this for past two weeks and my searching leads me to the conclusion that you can't go wrong with any of the following:

Plm
Hytech
Cte
Weapon r

·
Registered
874 Posts
+1
I have been researching this for past two weeks and my searching leads me to the conclusion that you can't go wrong with any of the following:
Plm
Hytech
Cte
Weapon r
PLM - is good gains but not a good header. (Cheapest)
Hytech - is suppose to be one of the best, but you gotta pay to play $$
CT-Engineering - worth the money stock like bolts right on no issues and produces good gains.
Weapon R - is the best bang for your buck according to many members here that use this, all you need is a defouler and you are good to go, i think you also have to extend O2 sensor or something like that (search is your friend) anyway hope that helps clear things up for you, GL with you build

·
Registered
124 Posts
If money is no object, I'd get Hytech (if nothing else just to see what it can do on my car)

I personally would not consider CT-E. It is a decent piece, but for me the whole point of modding something on the car is in pursuit of higher level of performance. CT-E doesn't come even close to PLM or WR and costs more, I see no point in that.

PLM, this is an ebay header, functional, good gains, but nothing over WR (I also think that WR is built way better and I don't like long tube headers - PLM - Hytech as they tend to vibrate like tuning forks) and not that much cheaper anyway, also not really possible to install cat with this without cutting cat back, a big NO in my book.

WR is my choice, I have it, I love it, on the car for a while now, massive power for a single mod (all things considered) and it just sings. Short design not prone to vibrating (as much) and really suits the TSX. Bolts up fine, looks good, O2 reaches fine, just route it slightly different, no need for extender. And you can always weld in High Flow cat into provided test pipe. As I said before, they could honestly charge more money for this thing at would be still worth it.

Either way, only real contenders here are PLM and WR. If you are after biggest gains on budget this thread goes a long way to give you details:
http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-engine/51346-plm-header-review.html

Based on your original post I am not sure what your criteria is, so my point of view is based on what I mentioned earlier. If that doesn't apply to you maybe my suggestions are not relevant, but I will say that OBX I wouldn't personally consider under any circumstances given these 4.

Regards,

Nino

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nino thank u for the input money really isnt a issue. Ive been doing research on the headers im just trying to decide which will be better for the build i plan on doing which will include

rbc manifold
08 tsx cams w/45 degree vtc
70mm tb off the zdx with adapter plate
K pro/flash pro havent made up my mind

I thank u in advance for any input you or anyone else have since the k series motor is new to me im used to a bseries motor lol

Thank you again

If money is no object, I'd get Hytech (if nothing else just to see what it can do on my car)

I personally would not consider CT-E. It is a decent piece, but for me the whole point of modding something on the car is in pursuit of higher level of performance. CT-E doesn't come even close to PLM or WR and costs more, I see no point in that.

PLM, this is an ebay header, functional, good gains, but nothing over WR (I also think that WR is built way better and I don't like long tube headers - PLM - Hytech as they tend to vibrate like tuning forks) and not that much cheaper anyway, also not really possible to install cat with this without cutting cat back, a big NO in my book.

WR is my choice, I have it, I love it, on the car for a while now, massive power for a single mod (all things considered) and it just sings. Short design not prone to vibrating (as much) and really suits the TSX. Bolts up fine, looks good, O2 reaches fine, just route it slightly different, no need for extender. And you can always weld in High Flow cat into provided test pipe. As I said before, they could honestly charge more money for this thing at would be still worth it.

Either way, only real contenders here are PLM and WR. If you are after biggest gains on budget this thread goes a long way to give you details:
http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-engine/51346-plm-header-review.html

Based on your original post I am not sure what your criteria is, so my point of view is based on what I mentioned earlier. If that doesn't apply to you maybe my suggestions are not relevant, but I will say that OBX I wouldn't personally consider under any circumstances given these 4.

Regards,

Nino

1 - 7 of 7 Posts