Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I have a 2008 Navi TSX that I have been upgrading bit by bit recently. I have already replaced all of the door speakers & the rear 6x9 speakers. I have a sub & amp that run from the 6x9 speakers as well. My new speakers are extremely under powered with the stock amp, so its time to install a 6 channel amp to power all of the door speakers & the 6x9s.

I have a 600w 6 channel JL amp that I am planning on using as the main amp for my speakers. As for right now, my buddy and I were going to use LOCs to tap into the wires from the factory amp and than wire everything to the new amp. Is this the proper way or is there an easier method to doing this?

I can't seem to find any concrete information on how to properly go about installing a 6 channel amp with the factory amp/navi unit.

Does anyone have any input on this? I have searched but I keep finding mixed results or just no information at all.

Any help is appreciated!
thanks

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
That is probably the easiest way but instead of getting a loc you could just cut and splice in RCAs at the stock amp and run the RCAs back to the aftermarket amp. I would suggest tuning the whole system to 15 on the stock volume knob because of how the stock amp is tuned.

Or if you want more tune ability you can add an aftermarket piece such as a Rockford 360 or a JBL etc.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 2 of 2 Posts