Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Yankee Killer
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently living in VT, but will be moving to Maryland. I've been contacting dealerships in VT, NH, and Maryland, but have received the same "Internet Special" from each at around 28,800 for a 6MT w/navigation.

Edmunds.com said 28,800 is their TMV price before taxes and dealership fees. Is this realistic. I know it seems like a lot of people further west then the east coast are saying they are paying about 27,500 for a tsx w/nav.

Also, anyone know anything about these dealerships?

Tischer Acura in Maryland
Lewis Acura in Vermont
Sunnyside Acura in New Hampshire

thanks.

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
Michlee60 said:
I'm currently living in VT, but will be moving to Maryland. I've been contacting dealerships in VT, NH, and Maryland, but have received the same "Internet Special" from each at around 28,800 for a 6MT w/navigation.

Edmunds.com said 28,800 is their TMV price before taxes and dealership fees. Is this realistic. I know it seems like a lot of people further west then the east coast are saying they are paying about 27,500 for a tsx w/nav.

Also, anyone know anything about these dealerships?

Tischer Acura in Maryland
Lewis Acura in Vermont
Sunnyside Acura in New Hampshire

thanks.
You're right about the west coast prices...good luck.

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
Hi, welcome :wavey:

Never mind what Edmunds or any car-shopping sites say about prices.
they just give you an idea how much you should expect to pay.

Since you're here we owners can give you the best idea.
Do a search and you'll find plenty info on what people paid.

$28,800 is NO good, ridiculous IMO.
With Nav you should shoot for between 27,300 ~ 27800. (I paid 27,150).

My impression is that *in general* East price is better than West prices

Since you're moving it seems to me you have plenty dealers to choose from between VT and MD. Just let them bid against each other.

But then again I would suggest you buy from local MD dealer if possible.
Good luck !

·
Yankee Killer
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The goal is to try and get it from a MD dealer out of convenience for maintenance and other things.

BTW, any suggestions on how to begin negotiations through email/phone? Because I've made initial talks with dealerships in many locations, all saying the same quote, any suggestions on how to start bringing this down since it would be very difficult to negotiate in person at the moment?

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
629 Posts
If you're willing to travel down to Massachusetts, I just helped someone get a Auto w/ Navi for $27,900 w/ metal kit, trunk tray, all season mats and wheel locks. Just PM me if you're interested. Oh, its the Herb Connolly Acura in Framingham, MA.

btw. just remember that some people who are giving you what their cost was, was probably before the $200 invoice hike in February of 2005. So just add $200 to their price.

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
Michlee60 said:
The goal is to try and get it from a MD dealer out of convenience for maintenance and other things.

BTW, any suggestions on how to begin negotiations through email/phone? Because I've made initial talks with dealerships in many locations, all saying the same quote, any suggestions on how to start bringing this down since it would be very difficult to negotiate in person at the moment?
right - as close as possible to where you'll live.

These days and ages NO ONE should be negotiating in person for an everyday car. A Porsche might be a different story heheh.

>> all saying the same quote

What is the number ?

You probly need a target price otherwise they will ALL try to screw you. So per what I told you before:
With Nav you should shoot for between 27,300 ~ 27800. (I paid 27,150).
I personally would shoot for 27300 initially.
If dealerX goes :bawling: throw him a couple hundred more but he gotta give a little too so ask for an accessory (eg all-weather mats).
It's all negotiation - you give something, he gives something...

So just start emailing dealers your offer of 27300 indicating EXACTLY your specs and that you'll close the deal in 3 days from the day he accepts your offer. The idea is that you're not interested in :bs: and that you're not testing water screwing with them either.
Sit back and see what who bite.

IMPORTANT
one last thing:
Ever heard of the 3% dealer HOLDBACK ?
That's money they get from Honda if they make $Zilch from ya.
So if the sales guy goes :bawling: "Sir ! We not making any MONEY !!!" :mecry: ....remind him of this
:slap:

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
Michlee60 said:

yea if you tell them your offer of $27,300 and all the colors/specs/transmission etc, then they will start taking you seriously...it doesn't matter which dealership you purchased the car from, you can go to any other acura for service...ie I drove 100 miles away to buy my TSX because everyone around my area was asking MSRP or a couple hundred off...and the dealerhiop I bought gave me like $1300 off. I now service my TSX at Acura dealer near my house...

·
Registered
64 Posts
:sprint:
I agree that there is no correlation between which dealership you buy the car from and where you get it serviced. There is no dealership loyalty anymore. Cars are just commodities. You should buy from wherever gives you the best price for the car you want, because it's still the same car. I love the free-market.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'm not sure about others who bought their from Sunnyside, but I tried there first because it was close to me and they will not even budge for the TSX. The sticker price you see on the window is the price you pay.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Michlee60,
I am working several dealers in the Maryland area and will most likely close up my deal today. I am down to $25,500 so far with some extra perks. Feel free to contact me if you want to know who gave me the best deal.

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
629 Posts
DateTSX said:
I'm not sure about others who bought their from Sunnyside, but I tried there first because it was close to me and they will not even budge for the TSX. The sticker price you see on the window is the price you pay.
That's what I heard as well. I wonder why???

·
Yankee Killer
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got down to $27,780 for the 6MT w/navigation today here in my hometown. As long as he isn't going to try to throw on any extra hidden fees I think I'm going to go with this. I figured this is pretty good seeing how hes going to have to swap a car for what I'm looking for to get it since he doesn't have it on his lot.

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
how about MD ? prices not as good ?
cause with local dealer they usually give free car wash, free oil change.

for that price you should try to get them to throw in all-weather mats and trunk liner
but at least the mats.

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
Michlee60 said:
I got down to $27,780 for the 6MT w/navigation today here in my hometown. As long as he isn't going to try to throw on any extra hidden fees I think I'm going to go with this. I figured this is pretty good seeing how hes going to have to swap a car for what I'm looking for to get it since he doesn't have it on his lot.
yea that's pretty good...not the best price, but certainly not a bad deal

·
Yankee Killer
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Maryland I'd be looking at end of June to get the car if I put in the order now for the specifications I want because there are no dealers around that they could find with the color/transmition/nav combo I was looking for. My current car probably wont last until the end of the month and I keep having to dump $500 to $1000 into it just to keep it running so I figured I'd go with this now and get the car right away.

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
Michlee60 said:
Maryland I'd be looking at end of June to get the car if I put in the order now for the specifications I want because there are no dealers around that they could find with the color/transmition/nav combo I was looking for. My current car probably wont last until the end of the month and I keep having to dump $500 to $1000 into it just to keep it running so I figured I'd go with this now and get the car right away.
well you could rent a car...or take public transportation. You'd be much happier getting exactly what you want...alot of us had to wait a month or so for the right car.

·
Yankee Killer
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What I meant was I'd rather pay 2 or 3 hundred extra and be able to get the car now which is the same specifications I wanted rather than get it in Maryland at the end of June.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I live in the DC area and have dealt with Tischer when I was in the process of buying my TSX. They weren't horrific, but they certainly weren't good, either. I drove an hour up from my home in Arlington to see a 2004 Navi w/ 20k miles for a very low price of $24k...it seemed too good to be true and it was. The poor thing was a fleet trade-in (should've read the Carfax more closely), and had been beaten very badly over it's year of service. The salesman acted as if he were doing me a favor by letting me drive the car and tried very hard to use the pressure sale on me. Since I had driven an hour, I decided to look at a few new ones they had, as the manager insisted he could beat the deal I had received at the place I ended up buying my car. It took them nearly 2 hours to get everything together and then realize they couldn't beat it.

If you want a really good dealer experience and great deal, take a little drive down to Radley Acura in Falls Church. I bought my TSX there for at or under dealer invoice, and recieved incredible interest rates to boot. Additionally, they are one of the highest-volume Acura dealers in the U.S., and I believe the top TSX dealer, as well (don't quote me on that). The overall experience has been very good, even though sometimes their high volumes means long waits. Their service department is good, as well, as they include free oil changes for life and a complimentary wash and vaccuum with every service. Additionally, it is open from 7am-2am Mon.-Fri. and something like 8-6 on Saturdays, so it's easy to get your car in if you need to.

While I have 1 or 2 small issues (not washing my car last time, rattles returning after 2 days), all-in-all, the people at Radley have been excellent and a pleasure to work with.

·
Your Father
108 Posts
I got my 6MT w/navi for $27,375, which includes destination and wheel locks. Considering the invoice w/dest is $27,175, I'd say I did ok. I let 'em have the dealer holdback. :D

Also, I highly recommend dealing with fleet managers at the end of the month. I found the car I wanted via online dealer inventories, looked up the manager's name, called him, asked if he could give a price over the phone, and he did.

Easiest thing ever.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts