Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just bought an 04 TSX a couple of days ago. So far I'm in love with the car. I love the looks, the quality of materials and everything else about it. Before the TSX I had an 04 VW GLI. I loved the car for what it was but hated the "wonderful" German quality, specialty tools needed to do even the simplest of things, and prices for parts when they decided to break suck(and everything in the interior broke or fell apart at least once it feels like). After that fiasco I wanted to get back into another Acura/Honda. I had built a turbo'd 98 Integra GSR with all the bells and whistles that I loved to death before it was totaled. I don't plan on taking the TSX to the extreme that I took the GSR or even the GLI(big turbo and other misc. stuff) but I do look forward to giving it a modest drop and maybe a few other things to wake it up a little bit. In closing I'm looking forward to learning more about the car and hanging out with you guys for a while.

-Justin

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I've heard lots of horror stories concerning German cars myself.

·
Aussie Aussie Aussie
455 Posts
welcome abourd

·
Bork Bork Bork
3,317 Posts
Welcome! Keep us updated please.

·
Autobahn Stormer
434 Posts
I loved the car for what it was but hated the "wonderful" German quality, ...
Hecho en México

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ddsFa0JX2kg?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BTW: my father drove several VW's from 1976 to 2007, then he bought a Honda Jazz/Fit. I bought my second Accord last year.
If I have time, I'll explain why we both didn't bought a VW.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I had 4 Jettas before my TSX,loved them all,but the TSX is basically the global Haonda Accord,and WAY better in every way...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welcome to the club

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
David Path
1,650 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
Congrats on your pickup

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for welcome guys. Don't get me wrong, I loved my GLI. It was ridiculously easy to make more power from basic mods, and then the driving dynamics were awesome as well. What I hated was how everything seemed to fall apart. I had the sunroof knob disintegrate in my hand, drivers pull handle snap off twice, the hood pull break, and dozens of other little problems that drove me insane. Another thing I disliked was the way the VW "scene" has changed over the years but to each their own.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
welcome! had enough of those triple squares eh? :laugh:
My man, that is not even funny.... The triple squares along with torx bits. I spent more time and stress looking for those god damned things than I did actually working on my car. hahaha

1 - 16 of 16 Posts