Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i stumbled opon a brand new (51 miles) 2011 TSX V6 Tech. I was looking at maybe trading the 04 for a new 2012 SE, and there is was in all it's blue glory.

Not sure the deal they will make, but it will have to be monumental for me to take it. I think they should be able to make a good deal considering it's the end of the month, they have a big sale on 2012 models (0.9% financing), and it's a year old already.

thoughts? What would you pay?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
dealer asking $35858 plus tax,tag and dealer fee.

i was kind of hoping for $32k, no dealer fee.

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
No dealer is going to want a 2011 model rotting on their lot. Especially with the 2012 models rolling in and the 2013 models just around the corner.
The msrp on a v6 tech is what? 33-35?
I bet you could get it under 29k. Motivate that dealer to lose their old stock!

·
Registered
332 Posts
I don't know, i've seen some pretty stubborn dealers these days that may just be in over their head on it and not willing to take the loss. Invoice on the 12 is just over 36k so i wouldn't be surprised if they got it at the 11 invoice just to unload it. 32k out the door seems a little low imo but give it a shot, worse they can say is no.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No dealer is going to want a 2011 model rotting on their lot. Especially with the 2012 models rolling in and the 2013 models just around the corner.
The msrp on a v6 tech is what? 33-35?
I bet you could get it under 29k. Motivate that dealer to lose their old stock!
sticker is $39K.

they are offering it at $36K

do you think any dealer would take $8K off the sticker price (20% off essentially)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Possible. I got my '11 tech 4cyl for 28 (originally quoted at 30k) and they had a v6 tech '11 for 33k so... I would try for 30-31k. Although, like you I've ran into some stubborn dealers not looking to liquidate old stock.

edit: msrp on the 4cyl was around 34k and the v6 was around 38k.

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
sticker is $39K.

they are offering it at $36K

do you think any dealer would take $8K off the sticker price (20% off essentially)
I didnt see the list price he posted.
The 6 cyl is a 3000$ option isnt it?

Im sure you could try and get it close to 30k. that would be a great deal. esp considering the 6 cyl Techs cost more than a TL!

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
If you don't mind paying more for gas and your current TSX is automatic then yes, I would say it's worth it. On the other hand, if they won't budge from 35k then just walk away.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you think that you're getting a good deal then go for it. I bought a regular V-4 2012 TSX last Saturday and the dealer told me that V-6 TSX isn't selling well because they are pricey and for that money people choose to go with TL.

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
If only the TSX v6 came in 6spd.. I'd trade my 06 in today for one.

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
Its a piece of cake to do, thats why we see them everywhere :rolleyes:

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
Bump

OP, can you PM or tell me what dealer this TSX is at?

·
Co-Driver
670 Posts
Yeah, that's exactly what someone wants to do to a new TSX. Void the warrantly and put a different engine in. :)
You act like people don't void warranties on brand new cars haha. And it is easy but most people don't have the budget or easy access to parts to do it. Eventually people will be doing them when prices drop and more cars are in totalled.

·
Registered
10 Posts
V6 tech

If you spend any significant time behind the wheel of the V6, you'll be hooked. Totally different DNA than the 4 cyl. The closest thing Acura builds now comparable to a previous type S. Quicker than a TL w/the big 6, and much better gas mileage

Bigger trunk than a TL and, many feel, better looking than a TL as well.

Having owned and driven a V6 for several months now,(and having driven several 4 cyl TSX's as well,) I feel strongly that the V6 is well worth the extra money paid. If I could get 3k off sticker, I'd go for it personally.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts