Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Confirmed: Acura Sets Presser for Chicago
Date: January 30, 2009 10:00
Submitted by: Jeff
Source: TOV News
Credibility Rating: Not Specified​

Just a quick update: last night, the Chicago Auto Show sent out one of their typical e-mail updates and as I was reading the media day schedule, I noticed that Acura had a press conference scheduled, and this was confirmed by Acura PR. As of just a few days ago, Acura and Honda had no plans for any press conferences, so this little turn of events is somewhat interesting. We will be bringing you coverage from the event on the 11th.

I have also received confirmation that Acura will be introducing "new product" at the show. I have also received information that makes it sound like it is NOT going to be the sport crossover, so who knows what we'll see in a little under 2 weeks?

·
~t.sdz
1,579 Posts
rsx comeback?

·
~t.sdz
1,579 Posts
Or.....TSX-S loll

·
Registered
141 Posts
Chicago Auto Show rules. Do they still do it at McCormick Place? I used to go every year...

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
Chicago Auto Show rules. Do they still do it at McCormick Place? I used to go every year...
Yes, the autoshow is still held at McCormick Place.

I sure hope its not a SUV that is unveiled, ugh!

Maybe its the CSX debut in the US lol!:lol:

·
Clutch Dump of Death!!!
830 Posts
Yes, the autoshow is still held at McCormick Place.

I sure hope its not a SUV that is unveiled, ugh!

Maybe its the CSX debut in the US lol!:lol:

I was thinking that Acua might bring the CSX to US market as a way of getting more exposure and line-up diversity.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thoughts

As the TSX has grown in size a smaller vehicle might be nice in the line-up, however, the CSX will be a horrible idea bc it still looks like a Civic. I have no problems w/ something based off of the Civic, just please do not look like it.

Rumor is that the debut will not be the MSX. The question is that when they say "new", do they mean a totally new product or just a new version of an existing product? My guess is that it is the 2nd & we will be shown something like a v6 TSX, FWD RDX, 6 speed manual TL SH-AWD ...

A real long shot would be the NSX that looked to be near completion or the 3rd generation RL w/ the RWD & v8 ... since both of those have been caught out testing.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
I'd rather see a TSX diesel over a TSX V6. Around here diesel is now cheaper than premium fuel. I would take the extra torque and mileage range any day!:nod:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts