Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my alignment set last Friday. The shop I go to said after the alignment was set, it pulled slightly to the left. He swapped the front tires and it pulled slightly to the right. He said the alignment is good and straight and it is the tires that is causing the slight pull.

I've been going this shop for years and they've always been up front, truthful and never tried to sell me on a repair I did not need. The Dealership however told me my LCAs were bent and needed to be replaced at $1400.

These are the tires that were on the car when I bought it. Does this sound feasible that the tires would cause the pull? I check the air pressures all the time, so that is good.

Thanks

·
Registered
109 Posts
If one tire is more worn than the other, it could pull. Strangely, I would think that if the tire on the right was more worn on the inside, the car would pull to the left and switching that tire to the left side, the wear would now be on the outside, but still pull to the left.

Not sure why a tire would pull to one side, but switching it would cause it to pull to the opposite side...

·
TSX Noob
56 Posts
funny thing, i got my alignment last monday and the car is slightly pulling to the left.

i went back to the shop and i got another appointment for tomorrow, they will swap the tires to see.

my tires are filled with nitrogen (bought it like that) it is suppose to help to keep a constant pressure in tires (but it cost 15$ to fill a tire) so trust me, with my new wheels it will be normal air....

ill keep u informed of my results

·
Registered
364 Posts
since it's pulling thread, my car does same and i haven't done after switch rims, which i heard is recommended after replacing rims. but this pulling was issue with my OEM rims as well, not muchas it is now

·
TSX Noob
56 Posts
am on original rims with 225/50r17 michelin tires

now today was my second appointment, they swap the 2 front wheels, i would say its almost fixed. Im feeling somehow a little pull still on left side but its definatly better than before the swap, so i guess ill live with it.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
The dealer told you $1400 for lower control arms? You'd have to be insane to let them do the work. The problem with your car pulling to the side is most likely worn out lower control arm bushing(s), there's well known problem with Acura/Honda LCA bushings going bad. I just ordered my LCA with new bushings pressed in + new ball joints from Rock Auto and will replace them myself, I also filled the openings in the bushings with Flextra, some people use 3M Window weld to do the same. There are tons of owners complaining about these bushings. Forget the dealer, buy new LCA arms, have your local garage install them for you, then go do the alignment.

Just google "'04 to '08 front lower control arm bushing failure - please read and look"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.