1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
#HTinyourcorner
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
-
1,562 Posts
My Progress rear sway bar bushings have been squeaking for a few weeks after our harsh winter.

I followed Marcus's advice & went with the 7/8"/22mm Energy suspension greaseable bushings p/n 9.5158G. (G=black)
I have the greaseable Energy bushings on my Mustang & previous vehicles & they are great.
Picked them up at a local Performance Shop.

Energy Suspension Grease-able 7/8" Black Sway Bar Bushings w. D-Brackets, for use with Progress and CT Eng 22mm Rear Sway Bars 9.5158 - HeelToe Automotive

The old Progress bushings were totally worn smooth on the inside as mentioned in the article. Dry as a bone.

While these Energy bushings fit the 22mm diameter of Progress bar perfectly, as mentioned in the Heeltoe article, the brackets do NOT fit the TSX as is.
The Energy Suspension D-brackets & bushings are much larger than the Progress brackets & bushings.
I had to elongate the D-brackets holes with a file towards the center. Plus I needed longer bolts to bolt them in.
It's a tight fit to get the bolts in but it does go together with some force & perseverence. Plus plenty of grease before & after the install.

No more squeaks!

Thanks for the info Marcus. :thumbsup:

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
880 Posts
Here are prothane 22mm.. even with regular lubing, after a while, they go wear out.. I had these for about 60,000 miles, I usually lub them every 3 oil changes, around 15,000 miles... luckily I bought 2 sets from marcus the first time, didn't have to wait for shipping.

So i'm thinking of lubing these more often, probably every 2 month..

·
-
1,562 Posts
Awesome! Hey, post those notes as a review of the part on the site!
Done!

I've had a few PM's about the necessity of using longer bolts with the Energy rear sway bar bushings.

Yes, for 2 reasons.

1. The Energy D-brackets are thicker than the OEM & Progress D-brackets. The OEM bolts are too short especially when the included Energy washers are installed.

2. Since you have to file the Energy bracket slots to make them fit the TSX, you will need longer bolts to get them installed.
You have to force the bolts in to get them started in the threads.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts