Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the car to the dealer for my 2nd oil change and mentioned that the brakes squeaked under low to moderate brake pressure at low speeds.

After the oil change, they said I had an older type of brake pad and a new type was available, which they would replace under warranty. My build number is 26xx (Canada), June 2003.

The service is scheduled for next week, at which time I'll report back on the results.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
kick ass. Mine squeak when I first start driving until after a few good stops

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been driving with the new pads for a few days now. So far, so good. The invoice notes say "see RO# 99775 for reference". Part # 45022-SEA-J11, in case anyone else wants to get it done.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
kiteboy said:
I've been driving with the new pads for a few days now. So far, so good.....
Any impression of any differences from the original ones? Like....better, or worse, or just the same but without the squeaking?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
kiteboy said:
I've been driving with the new pads for a few days now. So far, so good. The invoice notes say "see RO# 99775 for reference". Part # 45022-SEA-J11, in case anyone else wants to get it done.
Awesome Kiteboy!
Thanks for the heads up, and I am glad that everything worked out :D

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
@tony4311
I have the same issue with my brakes.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Mine squeal when the pads are cold, once it warms up ... The symptoms disappear which are typical of racing pads + the fade. The newer pads found on my colleagues don't have such symptoms since he had them replaced under warranty, but has poorer stopping power once it gets heated up. We constantly go for spirited drives together thus both pads have their PROs and CONs. I'd opt for the old/previous pads when the time comes round for a replacement set.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
yeah but it's embarrassing when I'm pulling out of the parking ramp after work and the brakes squeal all the way down and then again when I pull up to the pay booth
:(

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Yes I have to agree, it does turn a few heads. I've gotten used to it, the brakes on my Hondas squeal even louder and longer. :eek:

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
@tony4311
I feel your pain...

·
TSX of the Month Winner
118 Posts
same here i had that noise at 1000 miles and the were also out of round . the dealer took care of it under warranty .they put new pads but resurfaced the rotors which i didnt want . i rather have new rotors .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts