Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 2012 TSX Sport Wagon with the tech package. It has less than 2K miles on it.

I've been having an intermittent problem with the car going dead on me. This is what happens. I unlock the car. All the appropriate lights go on. I settle in and suddenly the car is black. It doesn't start. There are no lights. After I press the lock/unlock buttons on the remote a couple of times, it will start. This has also happened to me when the car has been sitting unlocked. I originally thought it was something that I incorrectly pushed. But I realize that's not the case. I will get the car into the dealer tomorrow. Just wondering whether anyone has had this problem, or what thoughts any of you have about what could be wrong.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a new 2012 TSX Sport Wagon with the tech package. It has less than 2K miles on it.

I've been having an intermittent problem with the car going dead on me. This is what happens. I unlock the car. All the appropriate lights go on. I settle in and suddenly the car is black. It doesn't start. There are no lights. After I press the lock/unlock buttons on the remote a couple of times, it will start. This has also happened to me when the car has been sitting unlocked. I originally thought it was something that I incorrectly pushed. But I realize that's not the case. I will get the car into the dealer tomorrow. Just wondering whether anyone has had this problem, or what thoughts any of you have about what could be wrong.
Sounds like some kind of electrical problem or with wiring? Weird stuff like this can happen because of a battery that's on its way out but your car is new so doubt that's the case. Hopefully the dealer will be able to pin point the issue.

·
Registered
15 Posts

Sounds like some kind of electrical problem or with wiring? Weird stuff like this can happen because of a battery that's on its way out but your car is new so doubt that's the case. Hopefully the dealer will be able to pin point the issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the 12 wagon as well and had to jump the car the day after I brought it home. It almost seems like it has to crank over three times before the engine starts. I looked at the battery window and it does appear to indicate that it needs charging. Blue ring around red dot means fully charged. No blue dot means it needs charging. I now carry a self-contained battery charger in the trunk.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts