Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone tell me how many miles they had on their tsx that was delivered brand new w/no test drives on the odometer? there is a car with less than 10 miles on it and the dealer claims that it was never test driven - that the only miles on it are from dealer prep. i remember seeing a reference here that someone picked one up with only 3 miles on it. however, i know for a fact that my current car had about 7 miles on it when it was delivered - and i know for a fact the only miles on it were from delivery and prep., so under 10 sounds right to me...

please let me know as soon as possible. i have the option of waiting another 10 days to get one that is coming in from the factory...but if i go with this one, i can pick it up tomorrow...

thanks,

tom

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
I had 7 as well, and mine didnt sit in a lot, strait from the factory to me,(back in June 03) so dont worry about it

Congrats on ur TSX :thumbsup:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
My TSX had 71 miles on it when I took delivery back in May 2003. I was told the dealer manager took it home and used it for a few days.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Mine had 1 shiny mile on the day I sign the paper. And it was also the only TSX on the showroom at that time. But on the day I took delivery, they put 2 miles to fill up the tank. So a total of 3 before I drove it off the lot :)

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
tzb said:
can anyone tell me how many miles they had on their tsx that was delivered brand new w/no test drives on the odometer? there is a car with less than 10 miles on it and the dealer claims that it was never test driven - that the only miles on it are from dealer prep. i remember seeing a reference here that someone picked one up with only 3 miles on it. however, i know for a fact that my current car had about 7 miles on it when it was delivered - and i know for a fact the only miles on it were from delivery and prep., so under 10 sounds right to me...

please let me know as soon as possible. i have the option of waiting another 10 days to get one that is coming in from the factory...but if i go with this one, i can pick it up tomorrow...

thanks,

tom
12 miles - I ordered and they when the shipment came, the dealershiop tested, and then delivered. no test drives whatsoever

·
Dr. Smiley
155 Posts
I think mine came with 3 miles on it. I wouldn't worry about any mileage that is single digit for a new car.

G

·
I pulled mine off the showroom floor with 2 miles.

Under 12 is fine. They sometimes have lots that are offsite or the drive them to carwash, etc.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
Sometimes new cars are randomly selected when they are finished from the assembly line, they take it to a test facility and it adds a few miles to the car. Nissan/Infiniti did this, and my old Infiniti had that note in the center console explaining that.

·
Registered
53 Posts
When I first saw it it still had the shipping goop on the paint and it had 1 mile on it. That afternoon when I picked it up it after prepping had 2 miles on it.
I wouldn't be so concerned with it having 7 miles on it. My test drive was probably over 20 miles. Even if it had been test driven who cares? It's not worth being so picky about it.

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
tzb said:
thanks for the quick reply and the congrats!
Congratulations to you ! :woot:
welcome to the Club

robert whose TSX had 6 miles on pickup day

·
Registered
13 Posts
Six miles on our TSX

When we agreed to purchase our TSX, it had six miles on it -- it had eight miles when we took possession, since the salesperson took it down the street to fill it with gas.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks to everyone who has responded. thanks also for the congratulations. i pick up my car tonight (white, 6 speed, no nav. - added mud guards, trunk tray and all weather floor mats)!

tom

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Congrats Tom, you wont be disapointed

·
oh so so fresh
118 Posts
mine had 4 when i first looked at it. After test drive had 9 miles on it. Drove it home with a total of 9.2 miles on it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
well, i picked up my car yesterday evening...beautiful :thumbsup: . the total miles on it: 6.6. now i've started the break in game. after 600 miles i'll be free. i've got to say though that the car is just begging to be driven more aggressively :greenboun .

i also have to say that acura of cleveland came through in the end. also, they showed me the service area last night and it was so clean that you could eat off the floor in there. i'm looking forward to the "luxury brand" service treatment (i.e. loaner cars, complimentary coffee, drinks, snacks, driving the car right into the service bay, not having to step outside - which is important with cleveland's winters, etc.). not that i look forward to service appointments, but it will make them that much less a pain in the arse.

anyway, thanks to everyone for the advice/input.

tom

1 - 20 of 21 Posts