Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 06 TSX, I feel might be in need of a new clutch soon...not to sure how to tell but from what being told by the Acura dealer, "It will need to be replaced in the near future"

Is there anyway to check or tell myself or should I just trust the dealer?

Also if I am indeed in need of a new clutch what are the prices I should be looking to spend, so the dealer doesnt rip me off? He told me today that a clutch it self would run around 2K...

Thanx for the help!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Put it in like 4th gear and try to drive from a stop. if it stalls right away it should be ok for a while. if it slips then it needs changing.

I just got mine done last week i did an exedy stage 1 and light weight flywheel. total parts and labor was just about 1100

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
I just had mine replaced last month partially under warranty..all labour was covered..parts came to just under $1k with tax

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Pressure plate for $216, friction disk for $166, flywheel for $310. I also got charged $120 for some stabilizer links which I'm about to call Honda for and argue as IMO those would have been needed to be replaced for the release bearing job which was under warranty anyway.

This all comes to about $920 with tax..a clutch job (assuming you replace other parts while it's taken apart) comes to about $2500 when counting their labour at $120/hour.

You think there's anything else I should argue? I'm going to talk about the other member that had everything covered under warranty but haven't had luck thus far. They said that he was 'helped' out by the dealer. My argument is that the level of service provided from dealerships shouldn't depend on luck..this hurts the credibility of Honda Canada and makes me lose faith in the service from their dealerships..it shouldn't be a craps shoot. Very aggravating IMO.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Pressure plate for $216, friction disk for $166, flywheel for $310. I also got charged $120 for some stabilizer links which I'm about to call Honda for and argue as IMO those would have been needed to be replaced for the release bearing job which was under warranty anyway.

This all comes to about $920 with tax..a clutch job (assuming you replace other parts while it's taken apart) comes to about $2500 when counting their labour at $120/hour.

You think there's anything else I should argue? I'm going to talk about the other member that had everything covered under warranty but haven't had luck thus far. They said that he was 'helped' out by the dealer. My argument is that the level of service provided from dealerships shouldn't depend on luck..this hurts the credibility of Honda Canada and makes me lose faith in the service from their dealerships..it shouldn't be a craps shoot. Very aggravating IMO.
whats the reason for a new flywheel? you really dont need to change them you can just resurface it. thats alot of moola

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So whats a good clutch to look into getting if I avoid the dealer and go to a tuner shop or such?

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,037 Posts
^ Exedy!

Stage 1 would be great for a daily

·
Registered
895 Posts
^ Exedy!

Stage 1 would be great for a daily
yup, thats what i got installed, along with their light weight flywheel and a SS clutch line. Grabs very nice a little harder than stock a nice firm pedal feel and the flywheel really improves throttle response. I think a perfect setup for daily use.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts