Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know a good exhaust system for a 07 tsx, want it to sound nice. not too loud but nice and bold if that makes sense, and i know in cali it has to pass like a certain level of loudness so im just stuck and dont know what to really get. any suggestions?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Quite a fan of my Tanabe Medalion Touring Exhaust for my '07, though I'm not sure if it's still available or not (I got it through HeelToe Automotive a few years ago). It's just a little louder and deeper, but not obnoxious or annoying for long drives or anything. (we have two Subarus, those are the burbly ones :p )

·
Registered
39 Posts
If you just want to change the tone of your exhaust, consider getting a new muffler. I got a Borla from 4wheelonline. It has a nice rumble especially at WOT.

·
Registered
277 Posts
stumbled across this system for The Accord Type S 2.4 in germany, all stainless with a 2.5" mid section / 2.25" split from a company called Fox. Part # HO043003-153ANL - E21FD1. German built. looks super high quality and is 100% the best sounding exhaust i've heard on a K24 CL7/9. Really impressed at the detail. look how the pipe is split at the Y section. not a cheap welded piece that will crack over time like the Nvidia 300 or other exhausts. two seperate pipes with a brace to strengthen it. It's pricey though, about $1200 shipped to the US. Sounds OEM at idle with a nice roar at WOT/high RPM. Has a big resonator and mid muffler, just like stock. Seems germans don't like to make a lot of noise but still like the extra power. Shame it's so pricey. another $300 and i could get a hytech cat back. I'm watching it on ebay in hopes of a big clearance.

Sound clip/video - Fox Exhaust Accord

Ebay listing

·
-
1,624 Posts
That exhaust is super nice looking, except for that huge 2nd resonator that looks like the stock one.

That's a terrible quality video but it's kinda funny. It sounds exactly like our 2006 TSX with the 2 exhaust resonators removed, which cost $50 about 8 years ago!

·
Registered
277 Posts
yea i'm more looking for something that can flow without being loud. its 64mm piping so a decent upgrade over stock. would love to see the internal construction of their mufflers and resonator to see if they're baffled/chambered or straight through. Moot point though, if i'm spending $1200 on a cat back it's not going to be some german company nobody knows. resale value is nothing while a name like spoon, mugen, etc... you can get back most of the $$$ selling it. leaning on a custom setup with a trubendz mandrel kit and some universal mufflers/resonator. i found this 3" stainless resonator with a 24" body for $130 i'm thinking would be great for quiet power. would like to do a mid muffler like OEM but there's not much room there, max length is only 12" or so. We don't have room for a twin loop so that's not an option either. Really not a lot of great options for a big exhaust for the TSX that isn't obnoxiously loud.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts