Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just picked up my 04 6mt this morning. I've been lurking on this site for a bit before my purchase so I decided to officially join. I have a 6mt CL as well but the gas milage wasn't good for my 60 mile daily commute so decided to pick up the TSX.

Been around the tuning scene for quite a while so I'm hoping to pick up good tips from you guys. Here are my previous toys:

·
The other white meat...
743 Posts
Shintaro! Glad you made it on the site. Welcome sir. The car looks amazing. After we both get some mods done, we can have a shoot together. I'm planning on getting some coilovers and possibly rims this summer.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whats up Jon! That would be awesome. I've already started to de-badge the trunk, and I'm going to throw my TL wheels on the TSX.

·
The other white meat...
743 Posts
Yeah, debadging was the first thing I did. Looks so clean with just the A on the back. The TL wheels will look pretty good. I'm looking into getting TL-S rims or some 18'' TL rims. Keepin it OEM but we'll see what I can find.

There's so much out there for the TSX, it's crazy. A bunch of goodies on here too from members. Have fun modding man. If you need any help, you can PM me and I'll get you my digits if you don't already have them.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm actually going to be looking for window visors and an oem lip. Since I'm such a noob when it comes to the tsx, if you could point me out in the right direction, it would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
The other white meat...
743 Posts
Well as of visors, you can get mugen "style" for cheaper than the actual mugen and it seems to be a good fit and also clips in like it should.

As far as the lip kit, the A-spec lip kit is popular. Then some have even gone to a Mugen Front bumper which looks sick. Just search and plenty is bound to come up. When I first got my TSX, I think I spent 5 hours on this site just learning.:eek:hsnap:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I've been going through lots of threads. So for the visors, are the oem clip-on kind better than the stick on e-bay kind? I wonder which ones are more secure.

·
The other white meat...
743 Posts
Clip on ones are really secure and the stick on ones are also secure. However, a lot of people, to make a better look, black out the window chrome to make the visors not seem weird looking. But to each is own.

·
The other white meat...
743 Posts
Oh dude, you gotta L.E.D. out your interior/ car. It's a must, I'll show you sometime if you are contemplating it. I got led interior and tag lights. So much brighter and awesome.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Welcome. Nice CL, those things are really rare to have in stick shift.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks! It sucks buying a car on the weekend because you can't get tags for it.
I just changed the oil for good measure while waiting around. Man, talk about a mess. 90 degree filter? I thought my girl friend's EP hatch was bad, but this one is really messy.

·
Un-Civil Engineer
2,205 Posts
Thanks! It sucks buying a car on the weekend because you can't get tags for it.
I just changed the oil for good measure while waiting around. Man, talk about a mess. 90 degree filter? I thought my girl friend's EP hatch was bad, but this one is really messy.
Yeah that can make for a mess!

It always seems that when I'm changing the oil, just as the last bit is streaming out into the drain pan....the wind blows. Either I get covered, or it stains the garage floor somehow! I even put cardboard down, but somehow I get stains. Mother nature gets me every time. :laugh:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts