Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, to make a long story short i used to to drive a 03 rsx-s. I had a ton of mods on the car and i loved it. But the motor went kaboom. After analyzing everyhting it was better for me to lease a tsx then to rebuild the motor. So here i am. Just ordered a 05/tsx/navi/6spd/oem body kit/fog lights. While i am looking forward to getting into a bigger nicer car, i am terribly upset that my rsx-s would have dusted this thing. I love the features and the way the tsx looks but i am a driver at heart and it just doesnt perform like i wish. But with the blown motor acura was willing to give me something for my car so i thought heck why not a tsx. Dont get me wrong i like the tsx alot, just a sad day thats all. I have been a long time loyal member of clubrsx and im hoping to form that kind of bond with the member of tsxclub, so where is the love? tell me how much you guys love your tsx so i feel better about the decision i made. Im looking forward to being a loyal member of this little online community of ours....
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
7,952 Posts
Hey Bud,


Welcome to the Forums, Kinda a dead night here right now, but the other guys should show up sooner or later...

Really a Shame about your RSX, but im sure youll enjoy the TSX its not as fast as ur RSX, but its a really nice package, especially once you start modding it as Im sure you will... HONDATA just came out w/ a Reflash even, So welcome to the Forums, and post some pics once u get the TSX

Were more then happy to have ya

:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i saw that hondata came out with reflash. i bought the rsx and i leased the tsx so besides a drop, im not sure how crazy im going to go with mods, because 1. mods are what ****ed me with the warranty on the rsx and 2. i dont want to have any problems when i turn the car in. Where in NY are you? also whats the deal with tints and the navi signal? i have been reading a few different things....
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
5,757 Posts
Welcome to the club, mightymouse.:wavey:

You'll find quite a few New York members on here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
954 Posts
mightymouse said:
Hi all, to make a long story short i used to to drive a 03 rsx-s. I had a ton of mods on the car and i loved it. But the motor went kaboom. After analyzing everyhting it was better for me to lease a tsx then to rebuild the motor. So here i am. Just ordered a 05/tsx/navi/6spd/oem body kit/fog lights. While i am looking forward to getting into a bigger nicer car, i am terribly upset that my rsx-s would have dusted this thing. I love the features and the way the tsx looks but i am a driver at heart and it just doesnt perform like i wish. But with the blown motor acura was willing to give me something for my car so i thought heck why not a tsx. Dont get me wrong i like the tsx alot, just a sad day thats all. I have been a long time loyal member of clubrsx and im hoping to form that kind of bond with the member of tsxclub, so where is the love? tell me how much you guys love your tsx so i feel better about the decision i made. Im looking forward to being a loyal member of this little online community of ours....
First off, welcome to the group.

Secondly, don't expect the TSX to perform like an RSX-S... totally different cars. Besides having an extra set of doors, the TSX is more refined than the RSX... where it gives up on performance, it gains in features and comfort.

Quite a few car magazine give the TSX a "thumbs up". In fact, Automobile magazine picked it first among 12 sport sedans under $30k... ahead of the likes of the Evo, WRX and 325i.

I'm surprised you just didn't get another RSX-S.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
can anyone confirm what the deal is with tints interfering with the navi signal. My car will probably be tinted the day i get it......thanks
 

·
, Administrator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,660 Posts
mightymouse said:
can anyone confirm what the deal is with tints interfering with the navi signal. My car will probably be tinted the day i get it......thanks
I had my TSX (with navi) tinted (limo) with Llumar film, and had no problem's :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
as you guys know i am a little upset about loosing the performance, i am however extremely pleased with the looks of the tsx, especially with the body kit. I already have OZ superleggeras from my rsx i plan on putting on and now im just debating whether too drop with eibach pro kit or sportlines. any suggestions. i dont want wheel tuck. i like it to fit perfect with no gap but not slammed. i am having a hard time finding pictures of these drops....any input?
 

·
, Administrator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,660 Posts
I had the Mugen Suspension, and can't say enough good things about it. There is a thread with pic's in the Suspension Forum.
Also, if you do a seacrh for post's by LannyM, I think you'll be very happy. He had the A-Spec suspension, and now has the Tien Flex. He does awesome write ups about both :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah i would love to do tein basics, but i think my budget calls for springs then put in koni's down the line, that is what i did with the rsx too.
 

·
whatever
Joined
·
4,377 Posts
^^^ your neighbor, never mind him. Hes harmless, i think :nervous:

Welcome mightymouse :wavey: hope you enjoy the club.

wow 03 RSX-S and motor already "went kaboom" :eek:
what the hell did you do to the poor thing lol ?

Since you had RSX-S and you sound like you drive hard and fast -
I just want to suggest that you really give the TSX a good test or two.
And make sure you're satisfied with the power and all.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,086 Posts
Hey, don't worry RTG!! I think my neighbor will like that link quite fine!

BTW, mightymouse --- wanna tell us where in Westchester you are?
 

·
whatever
Joined
·
4,377 Posts
larchmont said:
Hey, don't worry RTG!! I think my neighbor will like that link quite fine!
BTW, mightymouse --- wanna tell us where in Westchester you are?
I actually dont get that link at all.
No lyric called "mightymouse" :confused:
what was it you were trying to say with that link ? :donno:
 
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Top