Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Happy to be checking in here - just picked up a 2006 Milano Red TSX and I love it!! I can't believe how many features came with this model, especially the tech aspects. Bluetooth on a 06?! Wow. And the hands free link is the most intuitive I've ever used (out of Audi, Jeep, GMC, and BMW).

My only complaint/question is about the factory xenon/HID lights. Is it normal for the beam to vibrate over bumps? No flickering, and they're level and perfect over smooth road, but over harsher bumps my passenger side (only) beam vibrates a bit.

Found it on craigslist - picked up for $13,500 at 66,000 miles from the original owner. Got it from a couple in their mid 50s who have taken impeccable care of the car. They of course had all maintenance records (99% of which was done at Acura), and were religious about intervals. From what I can tell, it drives perfectly...alignment is great, steering is tight, transmission is snappy and responsive. I am ecstatic about this purchase. In edition to the standard features it has the following recent maintenance done. So I think I'm good for a while, besides oil changes?

-new rear pads/rotors at 49,xxx miles
-tranny fluid changed at 60,xxx miles
-new Acura HID/xenon headlights (both sides) at 62,xxx miles
-new Cooper Zeon rs3-a tires at 64,xxx miles
-new battery at 65,xxx miles
-complete detail (wax, interior shampoo, etc.) at 65,xxx miles

I got this to be a practical car since our baby is just about here (wife just got an Acadia for the same reason). But I am already thinking of mods as I've modded a number of cars in the past, all VAG cars. So I love boost. I think the TSX would look especially good lowered on gunmetal wheels with tint and a black roof/red pillars. Wonder where I got that idea....

My old Audi TT

·
Registered
109 Posts
haha wow the pictures of the outside really look like the car is brand new ! wish we had this colour in canada !

·
Enjoying the Ride-
145 Posts
Welcome - beautiful car, love the interior... can't wait to see it with tinted windows and new rims... Don't know about the black roof - just the middle section - right?... but your TT was pretty sweet, so will look forward to seeing it. Rear spoiler? MR one on eBay for $200 delivered...?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone for the kind words!

Does anyone have any experience with that headlight issue I mentioned in my OP? That bulb was recently replaced so I'm wondering what the issue is. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome - beautiful car, love the interior... can't wait to see it with tinted windows and new rims... Don't know about the black roof - just the middle section - right?... but your TT was pretty sweet, so will look forward to seeing it. Rear spoiler? MR one on eBay for $200 delivered...?
Thanks a lot :) Not sure if it's kosher on Honda/Acuras but I love BBS' so I may look at those if they fit my bolt pattern. LMs maybe? I get a very little bit of shake in the steering wheel while braking so I'll also be doing some slotted rotors up front with new pads once spring comes.

Looking back I may have done the TT different, but the lines of it kinda worked for us to split it into two-tone. Either way, the car was a dream to drive. Felt like it was on rails and the quattro with haldex mods did a nice job of delivering the excess power to the pavement. Unfortunately I don't have many good pics left.

On the TSK I'd do just the middle section of the roof. Like this:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
To me, TT has a 'bubble' top, such that a two-tone works nicely, but the black top down the middle of the TSX would be interesting... But I love the MR color... so don't know if I would mess with it. Put the money into wheels, tint, lips, whatever...
Good luck, look forward to pics.
Good points. Thanks!

So the headlight issue...figured it out - it's the projector surround that is moving a bit (one of the tabs is broken). It's $640 installed at the dealership so I'll pass on that. Front bumper has a small crack above the fog light that will a friend's body shop will fix come spring so I'll have them put a replacement unit (prob TYC) in at the same time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Crack open the headlight and fix it yourself or hire someone to do it =)

Welcome aboard!
:dr: tell me more! I know there's DIYs here on opening the headlight to clean...but once I have it open how do I fix the surround so it stops moving? I was hoping there would be a way to shim/stabilize it so it doesn't move. Seems silly to replace the whole housing because one tab is broken.

And thanks!

·
Registered
69 Posts
:dr: tell me more! I know there's DIYs here on opening the headlight to clean...but once I have it open how do I fix the surround so it stops moving? I was hoping there would be a way to shim/stabilize it so it doesn't move. Seems silly to replace the whole housing because one tab is broken.

And thanks!
You're absolutely right!
It's ridiculous to have to replace a whole headlight just because one tab is broken.

If you're interested in performing the fix yourself, you'll need to open the headlight, assess/analyze the problem (see which part is moving etc), and then use epoxy to keep it from moving. Then you'd put the headlight together and there you have it - no more moving parts.

When you mention "surround", you're referring to the projector shroud? Or the whole chrome assembly around the projector?

Either way, the approach I suggested above will fix it.

There are many DIYs out there, specific to the TSX and for any other car in general, but if you need any tips, let me know as I do headlight work for people all around my area.

Cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks a lot! I think it's the chrome assembly so I'll check that out after winter.

I'm quoting full resprays as well now...damn Milano paint, my trunk is in the beginning phases of fading. Ugrh :squint:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.